Manager, Program Management - Enterprise Trust at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we're advancing the power of collaboration. Driven by transparent values, an outstanding culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team.
Atlassian's enterprise customers are prolific in our everyday life and our tools contribute to the things we use and see every single day!
Atlassian is seeking a Group Program Manager to lead a team of program management professionals to deliver highly complex, cross-functional R&D programs that serve the needs of our Enterprise customers. We recognise these customers' unique needs, driven by characteristics such as size, compliance requirements, organizational structure or risk appetite.
As a key member of 'Team Enterprise', our Group Program Manager will be setting up multi-org and multi-faceted programs, working through highly ambiguous early phases to bring the strategy to life, flush out important company-level decisions, influencing executive stakeholders. Well versed in agile program management, they must establish a shared understanding, and program roles and accountabilities. They will then go about establishing appropriate framework involving multiple work streams, and operating rhythms- including program roadmaps, collaboration mechanisms, and risk management.
Key components of this work include:
-Growing and leading a high performing program management team
-Forming strong partnerships with key leaders within Team Enterprise, and other leadership teams across Atlassian
-Ensure effective delivery of customer outcomes across the portfolio of programs
-Enable the organisation to scale through process and tools that improve delivery velocity
You will be responsible for helping your team prioritise their work across the program, and setting each individual and the collective team up for continued success. You are a big picture problem solver who's able to investigate the details across every aspect of software development. You understand how a large scale business operates, and are able to hold your own in high level, high stakes, strategic decision making sessions. You'll nail it if you can spot the challenges the organization will face ahead of time and do your part in handling them.
Your impact is amplified beyond delivery through your ability to advance the Program Management craft. Together, the team develops and applies practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and effective teams.
In this role you'll get to:
- Manage a remote Program Management team as part of the Programs & Practices team
- Help define the strategy, developing OKRs, then breaking them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver on the annual plan
- Participate in long term planning, decision making, tracking and high level reporting including clear communications on priorities, high level estimates and headcount requirements and balancing with the need to experiment and learn fast in an emerging business space
- Drive end-to-end execution across multiple teams working on key programs, and ensuring all dependencies are managed
- Build, test, and iterate on practices for effective dependency management for the whole of Atlassian. Drive standard methodologies for cross-team collaboration and ensure the customer's end to end experience is looked after
- Work with your team to map and own the delivery of town halls, quarterly business reviews, leadership off-sites and other planning sessions
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in product / software development
- Ability to communicate for impact at all levels, and a passion for collaboration and working through influence
- Ability to establish and nurture a diverse and high performing cross-functional leadership team and build strong stakeholder relationships
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises, and help set priorities appropriately amongst stakeholders and team members across product, engineering and design
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- The ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- The ability to lead a highly effective team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
- Experience in diagnosing paint points for teams, moving them to good and going the extra mile to ensure they are great -- you value a smooth operation
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Understanding the complexities of SaaS administration within large Enterprises
- Understanding of Enterprise compliance regimes, cloud security and data management requirements
- Experience driving change management across a large, globally distributed, organisation
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the Atlassian scaled agile toolset
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .