Manager, Project Management
Vrbo is looking for a proactive problem solver that is skilled in project execution to accomplish business priorities. The Manager of Project Management will join the Global Customer Experience Operations team in Austin, Texas. The mission of the project team is to execute projects while managing scope, schedule, risk and quality.
This critical role will lead the Project Management function and have a direct impact on overseeing a team who are running cross-functional initiatives to ensure we meet our goals. You will be crucial in directing cross-team communication, leading change management, and ensuring excellent working relationships between operations and the business. The Manager will work closely with Sr Manager of Operational Excellence to define project processes, methodologies, and strategies to scale efficiencies throughout the organization.What You'll Do:
- Lead the team’s project management function ensuring there is defined and process, documentation and workflow consistency for each initiative that touches the Global Customer Experience Operations team.
- Drives the maturity of the PMO as appropriate to promote standards of excellence.
- Lead all aspects of a team of Project Managers ensuring all PMs are supported and have clear direction to deliver initiatives against goals, deliverables and timings.
- Set vision, lead, and execute on project management standards, methodologies, processes, and tools for project management team.
- Partner with departmental stakeholders to prioritize improvement projects based on the highest potential value added, and proactively drive initiatives from there.
- Continuously improve the intake, briefing and management of projects.
- Maintain and lead governance processes that lead to better decision making and prioritization of initiatives.
- Lead process change across the Organization including communication of changes and driving the operationalization of those changes.
- Support development of “Operational Excellence” framework, embed and drive continuous improvement culture.
- Constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with functional and cross-functional team members within a project team.
- Facilitate process workshops that involve eliciting project requirements and liaising with users.
- Partner with the Product Integration team to funnel optimization needs to product line teams, in order to build a more effortless customer experience.
- Partner with colleagues in different roles (internal and external to CE) to assess the workloads and impacts for different departments.
- Directly lead team of 4-6 professionals, ensuring we have training and career development plans that will set them up for success today and into the future.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Understand project stakeholder goals and expectations to assess impact on overall management strategies.
- Directly lead management of projects, varying in complexity and size.
- Passion for logical problem solving and intellectual challenges.
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively and flexibly balancing changes.
- Able to work across different business units/countries to communicate findings company-wide.
- Excellent organization skills, and ability to lead multiple projects concurrently.
- Results focused to convert process, function and organization into fast paced, lean, agile organization passionate about generating value for customers.
- Drive continuous improvement that helps evolve current team capabilities.
- Effective communicator and leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Engage employees to encourage and empower them to provide input into process change and embracing that change.
Experience and Qualification:
- 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager in either ecommerce/travel industry or strategic consulting strongly preferred
- 4+ years’ experience leading teams
- Proven track record of solving complex business problems and communicating easily understood recommendations to teams for implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to deliver compelling fact-based presentations
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to travel up to 10% internationally
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.