Procurement Proposal Specialist at Vrbo
The Procurement Proposal Specialist will lead the bidding and Request for Proposal (RFP) process for domestic and international business opportunities. You will run the overall process by pulling together internal partners from IT, Engineering, Facilities and Marketing to guide and coordinate their efforts to ensure maximum partnership, timely adherence to schedule, high quality work products and overall proposal development effectiveness in accordance with company requirements, policies, and applicable legal requirements. You will actively support and uphold the procurement stated vision, mission, and values.
You are organized, hardworking and outgoing; have exceptional communication skills, with a keen eye for details. You will be expected to contribute to process improvement efforts in the pursuit and proposal phases. To be successful, you passionately apply business principles and practices within a contractual framework while working with the internal partners ensuring all details of the potential RFP’s are readily available for deployment. If you are a motivated professional and thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed work environment, we want to hear from you.What You'll Do
- Own, review and analyze RFPs and all related documents to develop proposal responses accordingly.
- Utilize project management skills to progress overall procurement initiatives.
- Develop detailed proposal schedule and ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Prepare all proposal development documentation (outline, team assignments, proposal management plan, schedule, kick-off meeting materials, storyboard templates, writing plans, etc.).
- Implement and carry out content management and version control practices.
- Create compliance matrices and proposal outlines in order to track/report proposal progress against those outlines.
- Run the proposal process to develop high-quality and compliant responses to vendor’s bids on time.
- Lead solution sessions and craft content/graphics according to service capabilities and current industry standard methodologies.
- Monitor internal partner’s proposal team activities, including regular proposal status meetings.
- Maintain understanding of bid strategy as it evolves; integrates the bid strategy into the proposal.
- Assess proposal content as it is developed for integrating of win strategy, messaging and that content meets requirements for a compelling, winning proposal.
- Create proposal outline, including page allocation.
- Build and maintain compliance matrix against solicitation requirements; ensures proposal structure follows RFP requirements.
- Facilitate reviews.
- Coordinate and support proposal production activities.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all assigned proposals.
- Develop and communicate version control throughout RFP response lifecycle; ensure proposal artifacts are always secured.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related assignments as needed.
- Ensure proposal content and formatting are delivered in line with Global Solutions strategy and messaging.
- Communicates and ensures adherence to procurement policies and processes.
- Forges strategic partnerships with internal partners to drive value and fulfill the procurement mission, plans and objectives.
- Provides leadership to internal partner’s staff to effectively manage the RFP process through award decision. Reviews and offers guidance on complex RFPs incorporating business requirements, commercial requirements and appropriate attachments.
- Review and organization of specifications as they pertain to contract preparation
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement Project Management standard methodologies in the technology build environment
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience in leading, building, and bringing to bear relationships across multiple businesses to achieve project objectives
- Experience delivering work end-to-end with minimal guidance
- Experience directing and/or executing projects/tasks
- Prioritization and time management experience
- Critical thinking and problem- solving experience
- Knowledge of Proposal Management and Proposal Development standard methodologies.
- Experience creating proposal outlines and schedules, running and coordinating proposal teams and work products, writing new material, editing written material, and producing high-quality proposals under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly developed word processing skills, especially with Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of graphics and desktop publishing and collaboration software (ex. Word, Adobe Illustrator, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and negotiate with all involved departments and senior executives.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and owning multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.