We're looking for a talented Privacy Program Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative legal team at Atlassian! In this position you will have an opportunity to build and operationalize Atlassian's global privacy laws compliance program.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Establish a methodology for identifying what global privacy laws Atlassian will prioritize, and conduct gap analyses of prioritized laws
- Identify and drive work streams for compliance, partnering closely with the business to help teams understand requirements
- Partner on other compliance related initiatives, including liaising with external auditors for certifications, and assisting with data mapping requirements
- Work cross-functionally with the business, including public policy, engineering, product, security, IT, marketing, and sales teams
- You have experience leading and delivering projects spanning multiple teams
- You have experience being accountable for creating and driving the schedule
- You make critical and timely decisions to keep a project on track
- You communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders
- You possess learning agility in the privacy and legal sectors
- You have an understanding of business strategy, product direction and architecture so you can help make decisions to accelerate initiatives
- You have an ability to translate regulatory requirements, customer expectations, and industry norms into understandable and actionable business requirements
- 5+ years of proven experience as a program manager
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with achieving privacy compliance for laws like the GDPR and CCPA.
- IAPP CIPP certifications, or willingness to obtain certifications for CIPP/E, CIPP/US or CIPP/M within 12 months of joining
- Experience with SaaS on public cloud
- Experience with Atlassian products
- Familiarity with Australia privacy principles/ laws, HIPAA, Fedramp, APEC CBPR, ISO Frameworks, SOC Frameworks, other global privacy laws and regulations
- Experience working either in-house for a legal department or with a law firm
More about you:
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
Not required, but it's helpful if you have:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.