Project Manager - Customer Experience at Expedia Group
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Global Customer Experience team. As a Customer Experience (CE) Project Manager, you will focus on implementing large and small-scale projects that drive the strategic goals of the CE organization. You will work cross-functionally to improve CE productivity and efficiency and do so with a deep focus on overall project execution.What you'll do:
- Collaborating with Customer Experience and other business teams to define, launch, and execute various strategic and operational initiatives.
- Understanding the complexities of projects, for multiple brands with impacts to multiple teams located across the globe.
- Simplifying project delivery by removing ambiguity and creating structure for highly complex activities.
- Leading project planning and delivery; including creating the project timeline, requirements, status reports, issues, risks, dependencies, decisions and budget.
- Facilitating meetings with diverse partner groups (kickoff meetings, status meetings, design sessions, issue resolution meetings, etc.)
- Developing project reporting and governance structures, meeting cadences, and review guidelines.
- Ensuring that decisions are consistent with corporate strategies and future expectations.
- Anticipating information needs, identifying gaps and organizing data and communications cohesively and clearly.
- Regularly assess project risks and opportunities to continually drive process improvements.
- Effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key partners.
- Creating standard processes and promoting consistency through implementation of a toolkit of project management techniques, templates and processes.
- Organization. Highly organized with an ability to adapt to changing needs and excellent attention to detail.
- Decision making. Identify issues and problems and challenge the status quo by using facts and data to drive decision-making.
- Problem solving. Accurately assess problems and arrive at appropriate solution.
- Teamwork. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Passion. Show a real passion for building great customer experiences.
- Execution. Drive and manage scope to prioritize and balance multiple strategic projects with business expertise.
- Proactive. Self starter that can independently initiate and manage project dependencies.
- Communication. Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and presented communications with ability to present to all levels and sizes of audience.
- Negotiation. Ability to influence decisions that need to be made to make the project successful.
Experience and Qualification:
- BA/BS degree. MBA or graduate degree in business or technical field a plus.
- 3+ years of project/program management experience with growing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working with in agile and waterfall project management practices.
- Deep knowledge and experience using collaborative project management tools and processes (e.g. JIRA, Smartsheets, Google docs).
- PMP certification or working in a PMO environment preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% internationally.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.