Gembah empowers and enables product innovation. We are democratizing and demystifying the product creation process by helping entrepreneurs, e-commerce sellers and small-to-midsize businesses research, design, and manufacture products.
At Gembah, we understand that retaining the resources required to successfully create and launch a new product is a significant challenge for most businesses. From research and design to sourcing and vetting overseas manufacturers, there are many hurdles on the path to bringing a new product to market.
Gembah’s end-to-end solution was created with these challenges in mind. Our team of experts are an extension of our clients’ teams, guiding them step-by-step, regardless of where they are along the process.
Gembah’s team is comprised of specialists, leading product designers, and engineers. In addition, Gembah works with an exclusive network of vetted factories in Asia. Today, Gembah has offices in the United States and China.
Gembah employs a small team of top designers, and leverages a global network of product designers and engineers to help its marketplace customers invent, design, and manufacture new products at scale. Project Managers working with the Design Team will be responsible for maintaining current status and organization on a wide range of simultaneous projects, while assisting with client communications to ensure the best possible experience with Gembah.
The design team works closely with the US Sales and Account Management teams, managing the design and engineering portion of customer projects. The primary goal for the team is to consistently deliver great product designs, on time, that exceed customer expectations. Responsibilities of this role include i) maintain project status and timelines to keep all parties involved on track and up to date, ii) ensure a fantastic client experience through consistent communications, iii) be a liaison between the Design and Account Management team. Project Managers will also assist in continuously refining internal processes and efficiencies to optimize quality, cost, and speed of deliverables.
Gembah helps customers make a wide variety of products, most of them consumer household items, from simply injection molded products, to more technical products requiring both mechanical and electrical engineering. Thus it is important for Project Managers to have a general understanding of the product development process, from conception to production. This role reports to Gembah’s Director of Design.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a diverse set of projects simultaneously with a remote team working across the globe, ensuring quality, timeline, and budgets are met.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with clients, team lead, and other internal departments, including status updates and deliverables.
- Coordinate all aspects of a project from team, to scope and requirements, to timelines, budgets, priorities, and milestones.
- Delegate project tasks to members of the team based on individual strengths, experience, and skill set to most effectively deliver the best possible solution to clients.
- Track project status to ensure successful completion and meeting of goals.
- Continuously look for opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies for better short-term and long-term scalability of Gembah’s platform and services.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 3-5 Years experience in project management, including project planning, resource management, scope, schedule and status, documentation.
- High-level understanding of the hardware product development process.
- Advanced time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Proven success in creating/designing efficient business processes and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Strong team collaboration skills and a high degree of flexibility.
- Thrives in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Eager to learn and develop new solutions.
- Working knowledge of industry leading project management software.
- Annual Salary