Project Manager - Marketing & Creative at Invitae
Project Manager - Marketing & Creative
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, Invitae is looking for a Project Manager for Marketing & Creative to serve as the central coordinator, providing strong and proactive communication and engagement with members of Invitae’s internal Creative team, the broader Marketing team and other cross-functional teams as needed. The Project Manager manages progress throughout the project lifecycle to ensure timelines are met, resources are appropriately allocated, interdependencies are identified and there is ongoing communication across the team, including leading project retrospectives.
Throughout this process, the Project Manager takes a holistic view to help ensure consistency and cohesion throughout activities brought forward by a variety of teams. The Project Manager helps create processes that make the team more effective and easier for our internal clients to work with. The Project Manager also promotes training and learning as it relates to project management across the team.
You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission-driven company. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution-focused. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with project owners (particularly Marketing) to keep initiatives on schedule, track progress, identify interdependencies, coordinating cross-functional input and presenting solutions to challenges that arise
- Maintain integrated project dashboard to determine any relevant risks, problems, and status and adjust accordingly, while driving process consistency
- Help drive the right level of communication and engagement across the Marketing team. Foster a productive and collaborative environment in which there is a free flow of communication and key information
- Oversee Invitae’s MLR (Medical, Legal, Regulatory) review process and Veeva Vault PromoMats review system to: coordinate trainings and best practices; manage the lifecycle of material from review to approval to re-review upon expiration; and identify process and system improvements
- Drive training initiatives related to project management and organize and administer broader team trainings
- Define resource requirements and manage resource availability and allocation – both internal and third parties (e.g., freelancers, agencies)
- Provide extra support when needed, jumping in to lend a hand where needed
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in marketing and creative project management; PMM certification a bonus but not required
- Highly organized self-starter who’s proactive, thoughtful, resourceful and builds strong and supportive relationships across the team
- Excellent interpersonal communication; a true team collaborator
- Deep understanding of effective program and project management architecture, process, workflow, and execution
- Proven cross-functional partnership, with the ability to lead through influence and navigate a matrixed organization to achieve results
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills, with excellent time management
- Proven record of customer service focus and strong desire to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Meticulous attention to detail with the bigger picture in mind
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, humility, and an interest in building something new
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
- Experience using a variety of project management software and tools; comfortable in GSuite
- Preferred but not required: Experience with Asana, Veeva Vault, and Marketing Cloud
- Preferred by not required: Experience working in healthcare, life sciences, or biotech
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.