Senior Implementation Specialist
Are you looking for a senior project management role in a client-focused team environment, where you get to use your excellent skills to help others? Are you passionate about successfully migrating customers from their current system to their new enterprise vacation rental software? Are you a proactive senior project manager, with excellent communication, prioritization, and interpersonal skills, ready to chip into a software implementation team delivering high customer happiness? If so, we want to talk with you!
We are seeking a Senior Implementation Specialist to join our Customer Experience Software Implementation team. We provide a high-touch, relationship-centered, satisfaction-focused software implementation experience for professional property managers globally. These property managers will use their new HomeAway/Vrbo software to lead vacation rental properties on behalf of property owners, run all aspects of reservations and guest services, and balance all accounting related to the properties’ operations.
Senior Implementation Specialists own multiple client projects from pre-implementation discovery through implementation completion and hand-off to Product Support. This also includes collaboration on the Implementation Team, Customer Experience teams, and other Vrbo teams, as needed.
Senior Implementation Specialists mentor and train others on the team and work on specialized projects in addition to handling implementation projects.What You'll Do:
- Lead multiple customer projects using strong project management skills to guide customers through a smooth software implementation process from start – handoff from Sales – to finish – handoff to Product Support.
- Serve as the dedicated point of contact for implementation project deliverables including data migration, set-up configuration, user training, Go Live activation deliverables, plus post-Go Live best practices sessions. Go Live activations include coordination with partner vendors for customer websites, credit card processing, and distribution services.
- Engage new customers in pre-implementation work such as requirements capturing, data migration, coordination with partner vendors, and Business Analysis sessions.
- Work very closely with dedicated Software Implementation Trainers, communicating and collaborating on customer projects daily.
- Track projects - including progress, achievements, and customer communication - using tools such as Smartsheet, Google Docs, Salesforce and Basecamp
- Identify and monitor software development issues in JIRA, as needed, until resolution.
- Communicate with the customer’s internal point of contact and team throughout the implementation of project life, documenting communication following team procedures.
- Ensure timely communication with company teams such as Product Support and Vrbo distribution/Global Partners Services.
- Work cross-functionally with additional company teams including Product, API support, Website/Booking Engine Services, and Content & Training.
- Report progress and ensure timely Software Go Live.
- Work closely with the U.S. and Australia teams to deliver a positive implementation experience and timely efficiency.
- Conduct needs analysis, with the team lead or manager, to figure out appropriate implementation requirements for non-standard projects.
- Identify and refer raised concerns to team lead or manager and take the lead in troubleshooting.
- Plan and own execution of other implementation-related projects, as assigned.
- Provide mentoring and training for others on the team.
- Provide leadership with staff and with other Vrbo teams.
- Work on specialized projects in addition to handling implementation projects.
- Participate in team meetings and chip into continual improvement within the Implementation Team.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on products, issues, processes, and procedures to improve efficiency and offer customers a better experience.
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused, organized senior project manager.
- Deep expertise in project management, preferably in a software environment.
- Expertise in leading multiple customer projects at one time, ensuring timely completion, and troubleshooting issues.
- Consistent track record of delivering outstanding customer satisfaction in complex, rapidly-changing environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills, including escalation skills.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Basecamp, and JIRA preferred.
Experience and Qualification:
- At least 6 years of experience in implementation, client services project management, or onboarding/engagement management.
- Experience working within a software business preferred. Internet, property management, or travel industry experience is useful.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.