Senior Technical Program Manager
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Data and Analytics Platform team to help us craft our Market Insights solution. Market Insights is a suite of internal and customer facing products that will enable HomeAway to build the deepest insights within the global vacation rental marketplace. As the Scrum Master and execution leader for engineering teams, you will be asked to draw on your knowledge and agile experience to help your teams continuously improve and increase delivery predictability.
Working with our team requires a rare blend of business insight and technical skills. You will partner with product manager(s) to understand and communicate the product requirements, documented as JIRA stories in the product backlog. You will also work closely with the engineering lead(s) to ensure the solution implementation follows the technical vision, and uses our platform architecture. You will help facilitate data-driven decisions and lead release processes while mentoring teams towards continuous improvement.
- Tackle the role of scrum master for one or two agile teams, facilitating the team’s scrum ceremonies
- Capitalize on agile mentorship opportunities to help the team focus on continuous improvement
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the team’s roadmap and backlog are maintained and are properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Remove roadblocks across the organization, knowing when to assert resolution and when to finesse the resolution
- Monitor your team’s development velocity
- Communicate status, risks with resolution plans, upcoming milestones, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Participate in a scrum of scrums to facilitate communication and solution delivery across multiple teams
- Serve as the program management ambassador for your team(s) in multi-functional programs
- 5-7 years of Program/Project Management experience in a high-tech company, preferably in a B2C ecommerce environment
- Scrum master certification
- Broad experience driving agile software development, preferably including agile coaching or training
- Demonstrated ability to help teams continuously improve
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to craft a world-class user experience for customers
- Demonstrated expertise in best practices for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to engineering and business partners
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational and NoSQL databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environments helpful
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.