Senior Technical Project Manager at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As a Senior Technical Project Manager for Bright Health, you will be responsible for managing project scope, quality, schedule and resources for large scale, multi-faceted, high risk technical projects. You will provide project management expertise including leadership and consistent use of standard tools and project management methodology. You will be expected to work with all levels of the organization across diverse areas and multiple stakeholders to implement solutions, building strategic and tactical relationships inside and outside the organization to support Bright’s growth.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business and technical teams (both internal and external). Work closely with Bright Business teams to identify and scope out new project requests.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate multiple assigned functional projects simultaneously, ensuring that stated goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames. Recognize when to adapt and shift tactics as applicable to the needs and context of the project.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Health Plan Applications IT project managers, including coaching in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Utilize the work breakdown structure, user stories or appropriate methodology to drive the development and implementation of the integrated work plans.
- Create and implement issues management, risk management, communication, change management, and relationship management.
- Coordinate, plan and facilitate meetings with project teams and coordinate the interaction with other departments using proven tools and techniques. Make presentations to large audiences as required. Serve as the primary liaison between the project sponsor and the project team. Foster an environment that results in team cohesiveness and motivation.
- Manage and control project progression to successful completion, including identifying required tools and methods; monitoring schedules and resourcing for compliance with established constraints; identifying and communicating lessons learned; developing transition plan from project to production; managing project documentation; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Some travel may be required
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in IT project management, program management, resourcing and reporting required.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in Healthcare and/or Information Technology required.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience with project software, i.e. MS Project, Jira, Smartsheet, or other related software required.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office suite required.
- Working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required.
- Experience with Vendor Relationship Management preferred.
- Experience working with diagramming tools such as Visio, LucidChart, or others preferred.
- Experience working with a Health Exchange and/or Medicare Advantage preferred.
- Familiarity with testing processes (test plans, test data, end-to-end, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with extensive experience in high touch communication strategies
- Ability to work both individually and well with a team. Ability to express complex technical concepts to multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally, spanning technology, operations, clinical, provider relations and markets that contribute to driving an exceptional experience for members and for clinicians
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.