Specialized Services Manager at Shipwell
Specialized Services Manager
Shipwell(R) is transforming the supply chain industry by replacing opaque and manual processes through a tech-enabled, fully connected logistics ecosystem with more than 500,000 carrier partners. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Oversee day-to-day operations and manage to KPIs and targets
- Provide team guidance and strategy to effectively manage all aspects of the Specialized Services department
- Applying best practices to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Develop and implement an operations strategy tailored to client needs that will identify opportunities and improve cost control
- Manage margin improvement and protection that will create organic growth
- Attract, lead, and grow the Specialized Services department
- Identify and rationalize market opportunities across clients and services
- Support the company strategy including growth and transformative initiatives
- Create an environment that fosters passion, teamwork, and agility within the organization
- Build and sustain long-term client relationships
- Create optimized and scalable business processes and define requirements for the drayage, LTL and final mile product in collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Finance organizations
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of relevant experience in operations management in logistics and supply chain
- Experience with drayage, LTL and final mile brokerage
- 2+ years Management level experience specifically in fast growing operations teams
- Familiarity with OSAH rules and regulations
- Hands on experience with continuous improvement
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.