Sr. IT Project Manager at Bright Health
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business and technical teams (both internal and external). Work closely with Bright Business teams to identify and scope out new project requests.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate multiple assigned functional projects simultaneously, ensuring that stated goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames. Recognize when to adapt and shift tactics as applicable to the needs and context of the project.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Health Plan Applications IT project managers, including coaching in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Utilize the work breakdown structure, user stories or appropriate methodology to drive the development and implementation of the integrated work plans.
- Create and implement issues management, risk management, communication, change management, and relationship management.
- Coordinate, plan and facilitate meetings with project teams and coordinate the interaction with other departments using proven tools and techniques. Make presentations to large audiences as required. Serve as the primary liaison between the project sponsor and the project team. Foster an environment that results in team cohesiveness and motivation.
- Manage and control project progression to successful completion, including identifying required tools and methods; monitoring schedules and resourcing for compliance with established constraints; identifying and communicating lessons learned; developing transition plan from project to production; managing project documentation; and/or, performing other related activities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related business field required, or equivalent experience required
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in IT project management, program management, resourcing and reporting required.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in Healthcare and/or Information Technology required.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience with project software, i.e. MS Project, Jira, Smartsheet, or other related software required.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office suite required.
- Working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required.
- Experience with Vendor Relationship Management preferred.
- Experience working with diagramming tools such as Visio, LucidChart, or others preferred.
- Experience working with a Health Exchange and/or Medicare Advantage preferred.
- Familiarity with testing processes (test plans, test data, end-to-end, etc.) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with extensive experience in high touch communication strategies
- Ability to work both individually and well with a team. Ability to express complex technical concepts to multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of technical experience.