Staff Technical Program Manager, Data Platform
We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager to help us craft and execute on our Data Platform strategy. You will utilize your deep understanding of technical aspects of implementation and business insight to drive significant strategic questions that help clarify and guide our teams through priorities and decision-making. You will strive for continuous improvement and find new innovative ways to increase execution efficiencies by being flexible and creating scalable frameworks. We believe in building world-class, high quality products our customers love to use. You will be key to achieving this through close collaboration with senior leaders across product and engineering. Your ability to act with autonomous initiative is critical as you navigate partnerships with teams across the company and around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, evaluate and continuously improve operating models and frameworks to lead execution across 20+program workstreams
- Work closely with program leaders to track program progress to commercial alignment, and provide transparency across programs
- Motivate teams to execute with a fast pace while maintaining quality and focusing on business value
- Actively lead cross workstream dependency, issue and blocker discussions with a natural ability to adjust your involvement based on the need
- Collaborate with the Executive leadership and platform workstreams to align on language, framework and to understand dependencies and help surface and resolve blockers actively
- Work across programs to summarize status and solution delivery to keep partners and customers informed
- Coordinate and plan for company-wide monthly reviews and demos
- Lead change and capitalize on mentorship opportunities to help the team focus on continuous improvement
- Responsible for all level of communication including communication across workstream, to leadership and platform council
Who You Are:
- 10 years of Program/Project Management experience in a high-tech company, preferably in data analytics or equivalent
- Extensive experience managing large scale, complex corporate level initiatives in partnership with senior executives
- Optimistic personality that continuously motivates and inspires those around you
- Successful track record of developing and implementing a wide variety of frameworks and operating models
- Passion for excellence in execution and mastery in developing efficient frameworks
- Broad experience driving agile software development, including agile coaching or training
- High level of initiative and desire to help teams continuously improve
- Strong bias to action. You are able to find a path forward and get things done.
- Positive relationship builder able to navigate through situations to ensure the most robust and pragmatic solution.
- Strong analytical abilities and the aptitude to quickly identify gaps and risks
- Innately curious and skilled at zeroing in on the detail and uncovering issues but able to step back and clearly see the big picture
- Inspiring leader, confident and successful at influencing c-suite leadership teams for positive, sustainable, long term financial growth.
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational and NoSQL databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environments useful
- BA/BS required preferably in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.