Liquibase is a thriving OpenSource community with 75 million downloads and growing. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to build on this success and propel the community to the next level. As we continue to build and grow a world-class technology community, we are committed to providing the very best support, guidance, and engagement to help our community be successful.
As a Technical Community Manager, you’ll facilitate, coordinate, and support global community development initiatives. You’ll use your community leadership expertise to shape the community experience and infrastructure, help refine our product roadmap in line with community needs and requirements, grow the community, and increase community engagement. Your technical skills enable you to engage with developers, refine and improve our workflow, create documentation, provide guidance, provide developer outreach, and host events.
This is an opportunity to connect, celebrate, and amplify this global community, lead company efforts within our community, and assist new communities as they form. You’ll help our users think bigger, be the best they can be, and succeed. You’ll work across teams within Liquibase to promote the community’s voice. You should be technically proficient, understand the software development lifecycle, be a solid content producer, a superb communicator, and a humble facilitator.
What you’ll do
- Get stuff done. We need an individual contributor, someone who can roll up their sleeves and improve our developer communities with whatever is needed, including support, documentation, workflow tips, and code.
- Build and execute engaging programs that grow our community and empower contributors to do great work.
- Take a structured approach to working with all community roles, community onboarding, and work with developers to ensure a simple and powerful experience.
- Develop technical content that contributes to the longevity and sustainability of fast growing, organically built developer communities with high impact outcomes.
- Perform competitive analysis to understand and create powerful, engaged, thoughtful, and surprising developer community strategies and engagement.
- Build authentic relationships across multiple industries and within the community
- Represent Liquibase and the community in a way that is professional and courteous - no punks, no jerks!
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams on product roadmaps for community features and needs.
- Be active in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships.
- Represent Liquibase as a spokesperson at conferences, events, and within the media and external communities.
- Always challenge our assumptions and our culture -- be singularly focused on delivering the very best communication and collaboration experience in the world.
- Run compelling social media, events, and other outward facing efforts that will grow our customer, community, and user base.
- 5 to 7 years of experience participating in and building developer communities, preferably open source or technical in nature - this can involve volunteer experience.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, git, GitHub, and related tools.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and related technologies.
- Extensive track record of public speaking, blogging, and content development.
- Examples of effectively facilitating complex and sensitive community management situations with humility, judgment, tact, and humor.
- A portfolio that shows successful integration of company brand, voice, and messaging into developed content.
- Accustomed to working independently and autonomously, managing multiple competing priorities.
Nice to Have
- 3 to 5 years of experience leading community management programs within a software or Internet-based company.
- Media training and experience in communicating with journalists, bloggers, and other media on a range of technical topics.
- Existing networks from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
- Software development experience.
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company