Technical Project Manager (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.
We’re in search of a Technical Project Manager to work with our local software development teams and global partners in product, marketing, and sales.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and running Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
Our PMO team leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and complete our global roadmap.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate would reside in the San Francisco / Bay area, or in any major city in the United States.What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on-time.
- Lead daily activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/partners and leadership communication.
- Perform Scrum Master duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning.
- Provide cross-functional insight into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and issues for projects.
- Demonstrate stellar partner management and executive presentation skills
- Create and carry out cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to partner with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Chip in to our company culture and collective intelligence.
- 3+ years experience in web technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for leading projects and coaching teams.
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and Google Apps.
- Determined. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, very creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a personable people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, confident, and excited to help build something fantastic.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You comprehend the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, dedicated colleagues put their minds to achieving bold goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & demeanor to everything you do.
- Problem Solver: You use logic, as well as the creativity, to make sense of a situation and come up with a dedicated solution.
- Gutsy. You have a highly developed, creative and entrepreneurial aim to get things done in a fast paced environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities challenge, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.