Technical Relationships Manager – API Support – Austin, TX
We are seeking a Technical Relationship Manager to work with HomeAway’s affiliated partners to successfully lead product integration projects, via API connections, from initiation to completion. This customer-facing role will have a tremendous impact on affiliated and partners’ perception of the integration and will contribute significantly to the HomeAway business. Reporting into the Manager Affiliate Partnerships Operations (Austin, TX), you will be working closely with your manager to: identify and structure key priorities, lead the affiliate pipeline (Jira tickets), support in creating API documentation and optimize workflow management.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the account management team to coordinate the integration project kickoffs
- Outline the engagement process and make suggestions for improvement with the affiliated partner
- Provide standard methodologies for making the integration a success
- Validate and load test files, offering feedback for compliance and coordinate review sessions with the customer
- Configure and schedule integrations
- Become a functional authority for transactions we are integrating
- Communicate and report the status of all integration projects in Salesforce and Product meetings
- Work closely with the API Product Managers as technical issues arise during the implementation
- Involve Integration Support appropriately as issues arise post implementation
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of Professional Services/Consulting Experience
- 2-5 years of Project Management Experience
- Familiar with Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, REST, JSON, XML, etc)
- XML/JSON experience, specifically validating XML/JSON
- Integration Experience (EAI or B2B)
- Integration platform experience
- Salesforce.com, Jira, XMLSpy experience is preferred
- Travel industry experience, particularly in the vacation rental space
- Bi or Multi-lingual – Fluent English and other languages preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt and master changes to technology and products.
- Ability to juggle many projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated passion for customer service
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Detail-oriented and driven to succeed
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.