Account Executive - Inside Sales at Stoplight
Stoplight is looking for an Account Executive (AE) to join a fast-growing Austin startup in the exciting domain of APIs and API Design Management. Experience selling technical developer tools to large Enterprise organizations is important. This position represents a tremendous career and financial opportunity for the right individual who commits to becoming a key player in an ambitious, fast-moving, early-stage company.
Candidates must be capable of empathizing with customer needs, making persuasive product presentations, articulating compelling value propositions, and closing business through logical, incremental steps.
- Achieve sales targets for Stoplight products, solutions, and initiatives within specific time frames with a focus on Medium to Enterprise sized organizations.
- Clearly articulate the Stoplight value proposition in addressing the customers' business priorities, highlighting product benefits.
- Successfully link Stoplight's capabilities to customers' use-case and translate to business impact to overcome any barriers to purchase.
- Be a skilled negotiator, understand the customer's decision-making process, and have the ability to gain access and influence key decision-makers.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts to sales and executive management.
- Manage direct and channel partner business transactions.
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams to get deals closed.
The Ideal Candidate Brings
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, finance or related fields is highly desired
- Demonstrated success in SaaS software sales or related industries
- Significant experience leading sales cycles involving multiple-internal and external stakeholders
- Proven record of influencing, negotiating, and closing sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Solid track record of effectively utilizing a CRM to facilitate consultative and key insight sales processes, manage lead opportunities, and create accurate pipelines and forecasts
- Exceptional presentation and listening skills
- Track record of successfully achieving or overachieving goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you are a clear, concise, and compelling storyteller
- Fearless and positive attitude - willing to take intelligent risks while being a team player and you are resilient in the face of challenges
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Prior experience using Salesforce.com is desired
- Prior experience using HubSpot Email Sequencing a plus!
Why Work at Stoplight
Stoplight values every employee, every idea and the team we create together. We are passionate about working together to build awesome products and experiences for software developers and drive business and digital transformation for businesses. We also believe that a balanced approach to work and life in a remote world is more important than ever.
Other benefits include:
- Remote-first culture with a work-from-home stipend
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off with unlimited sick time and 10 company holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (including an HSA with a company contribution for employees and their families) for US-based employees
- Company paid life insurance, short & long term disability
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents (with 100% pay)
- Wellness programs for health plan participants including access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and monthly ClassPass fitness credits
- Automatic enrollment in a climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by the company
- Team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions
- Room to grow your career
- Strong engagement in the open-source community with our offerings: Spectral, Prism, and Elements.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.
Stoplight is a collaborative API design platform that integrates seamlessly into existing workflows to enable all stakeholders working with APIs to be more productive.
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers three open-source tools and a visual editor: Prism is an open-source mock server, Spectral is an open-source JSON/YAML linter, and Elements is an open-source, interactive documentation tool. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs. Together, along with collaboration and API management features, these open-source tools contribute to a robust design, governance, and documentation experience in Stoplight platform.
Stoplight was founded in 2015 in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values - be an owner , build together , and practice mindfulness . Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.