CrowdStrike Store - Business Development Manager at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
The opportunity: Our CrowdStrike Store Platform Team is looking for result-focused, go getter Business Development Manager ready to bring outstanding ideas, the ability to execute and team work to a strategic, high future impact organization, the CrowdStrike Store. This role will include both customer and internal facing aspects. The primary responsibility of this role will to help recruit, evaluate, filter, on-board and then grow new technology application partners with the CrowdStrike platform. This role will include partner engagement as well as communication and coordination with key internal partner functions like Marketing, Sales, Sales Ops, Support, Finance and Product Management.
You will use your passion for helping partners and bringing value to our customers as you help potential partners understand our platform value proposition and evaluate their business capability to deliver a valuable solution to our customers. Our goal for the CrowdStrike Store is to create a curated store of apps built by third parties, leveraging the data, infrastructure and services provided by the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform. To achieve that goal, we are building an organization wide infrastructure to support the CrowdStrike Store. This role will be critical to develop a scalable evaluation and on-boarding partner process for our CrowdStrike Store platform. The CrowdStrike Store has the objective to become the platform which all security vendors utilize making it easier for customers to consume security and stop breaches.
The CrowdStrike Store will have three primary target audiences: Customers, Developers and ISVs, and Internal stakeholders, especially Sales, Marketing and Product Management. On an internal front, this role will also ensure we implement and manage process to help our Sales and Marketing teams be successful with our Store App partners. This role will work with Sales and Marketing teams from both our organization and partner organizations to enable successful go-to-market plans and successful outcomes for our joint customers.
The ideal candidate: You have the right experience and skills with a partner facing role at a leadership level and have demonstrated success managing and growing relationships. The successful candidate for this role will have a balance of operational, sales, marketing, and business development skills. This position is highly visible within the Product organization and is expected to help ensure the CrowdStrike Store adds significant value to our customers.
The critical role: You will report to the VP, CrowdStrike Store serving as a crucial member of the virtual CrowdStrike Store team. The CrowdStrike Store is early in its evolution so this role will require flexibility and a start-up mentality. As a member of the team you will help bring potential CrowdStrike Store partners through the evaluation funnel process to launch and through sales execution.
As we expand the platform to offer more features and services, this role will evolve and not only help on-board new partners but help existing partner innovate and extend their application. Candidates must be comfortable in the role of on-going partner engagement. You will work very closely with the Store Engineering, Business Development & Product Management teams to help prioritize, on-board and enable partners.
This high-impact role will:
- Require an understanding of CrowdStrike apps, platforms, and products and their underlying implementation
- Work closely with our strategic partners to integrate with CrowdStrike’s platform products and guide partner app development and GTM activity and planning.
- Help CrowdStrike Store Team to qualify, prioritize, onboard and enable partners developing apps for the CrowdStrike Store.
- Own the business relationship with partners, enabling them to drive applications through the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience as a partner/sales manager in Sales, Business Development or Marketing
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. You will need to explain/discuss technical and business topics to varying audiences.
- Comfortable working remotely, at CrowdStrike offices or at partner locations
- Comfortable optimizing tools such as Zoom and Slack
- Travel: Approximately 25%
- Experience working with Technology partners and with Technology Marketplaces
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS etc.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.