The Pricing & Deal Desk Team provides strategic, cross-functional and comprehensive assistance to sales contracting and financial compliance. As a Deal Desk Manager, you'll be acting as a business leader and partner to Sales and Finance in developing strategies for complex deals with a focus on financial and revenue compliance.
Our ideal candidate is experienced in working with a highly-distributed team as you'll be executing against and maintaining the AMER (US, Canada, LATAM) geographic Deal Desk support framework and providing back-up Deal Desk support for our APAC region. You'll be implementing and managing approvals for non-standard deals and effectively collaborating across Sales, Finance, and Legal teams.
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details? If so, come join our rapidly growing team at Elastic!What You Will Be Doing:
- Serving as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support sales efforts
- Driving and executing decision reviews, approvals, and executing across competencies (quoting, legal, revenue, etc.)
- Collaborating and working with global Deal Desk leadership to deliver consistent and exceptional support to our sales organization
- Assessing Financial and revenue risk on non-standard deals and understanding and embedding financial/legal compliance
- Building and leading systematic CRM workflows around Deal Desk sales engagement and Revenue team alerting for non-standard orders
- Leading sales enablement, deal optimization, profitability and strategic positioning
- Proposing and incorporating custom terms and legal edits into order forms and contract documents
- High-energy, team-first attitude: motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related competency
- Minimum of 5-years experience in a Finance, Sales Ops, or Deal Desk role within a SaaS-based, high-tech environment
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail while multitasking in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Salesforce.com (CPQ a plus)
- General experience in building IT requirements and enhancements, and project management
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.