About Vista Consulting Group Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data, and tech-enabled companies with over $43 Billion in cumulative capital commitments. The VCG team works in conjunction with the Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company employees to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies. Explore our current (and past) companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
The Vista family of companies represents, collectively, the fourth-largest software company in the world. We also have a relentless focus on talent – within Vista and across our companies – meaning you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with thoughtful, curious, and talented executives. In 2018, several of our CEOs were named among the top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your position within VCG would provide you with an opportunity to strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled opportunity for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make good businesses great? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's different about Vista?
- Vista Equity Partners invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting arm (Vista Consulting Group). Today, VCG has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is driving success – helping leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually advance their careers
- Vista actively invests in building high performing, diverse teams within Vista Consulting Group as well as within our portfolio companies
- Because Vista only invests in software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our best practices and tools across the portfolio, while also supporting talent growth across the Vista family ecosystem
Austin or Chicago preferred. Will also consider remote candidates.
We are searching for a Director of Sales Enablement who will partner with Chief Sales Officers and Sales Enablement leaders from across our portfolio companies to ensure the sustainable success of their functions, with a particular emphasis on developing the next generation of commercial talent. Key responsibilities include:
- Drive our leadership development programs for rising stars in Go-to-Market functions (i.e., Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success) from across our portfolio companies.These programs typically involve three, two-day training sessions spread across each year and focus on critical leadership competencies, such as demonstrating enterprise leadership, driving organizational change, coaching, etc.The Director of Sales Enablement will be responsible for setting program strategy, designing the agendas, and assisting in program facilitation. (Administrative and events staff own logistics and basic program management details).
- Shape and execute our annual Go-to-Market leadership summit (attended by 400+ leaders across our portfolio companies).This three-day event serves senior (CSO, CMO, CCO) and rising leaders and is designed to foster insight sharing and networking through a range of interactive workshops, discussions, and presentations
- Design and manage a major new training and networking event to promote gender diversity in Sales
- Deliver training sessions, as needed, to our portfolio company sales professionals and leaders, emphasizing Vista's recommended and proprietary sales methodology
- Provide training and certification to sales managers from across the portfolio on coaching our recommended sales methodology
- Facilitate "train the trainer" sessions with presenters within our portfolio companies who will own delivery of Vista-designed training modules internally. Topics include: negotiating, forecasting, coaching, etc.
- Assist in the selection, interviewing and onboarding of new Sales Enablement leaders within portfolio companies
- Manage a network of contractors who assist in delivering Vista training programs to portfolio companies
- 7-10+ years of experience designing and delivering training programs targeting senior and rising leaders
- B2B sales or B2B sales consulting experience desired
- Exceptional training facilitation skills
- Proven track record of leadership and accelerated career trajectory
- MBA is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to travel (expected travel in this role is 40-50% of the time, steady-state)
What we are looking for
- A true passion and excitement for commercial optimization and sales excellence
- A quick study, with a high level of intellectual curiosity and a continuous desire to learn and grow; someone who appreciates diversity of thought and new perspectives
- A communicator that brings energy and clarity to the dialog and is comfortable in a variety of formats (presenting to executive audiences, facilitating workshops, candid one-on-one C-level sessions)
- Strong desire to achieve and have lasting impact for Vista portfolio companies
- A demonstrated ability to execute and deliver positive outcomes
- A comfort in working with a variety of stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization
- Intellectual curiosity and a "can do" attitude