Director, Technical Sales Enablement
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. As one of Forbes Most Promising Companies, our business doubled in the past year both with regards to revenue and headcount, serving more than 16 percent of the Fortune 1000 companies and 20 percent of the Fortune 500 companies.
Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc. to stay ahead of adversaries. We stand so strongly behind our breach protection capabilities that we established an EPP Complete warranty of up to $1 million if a breach occurs within a customer’s protected environment.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Forrester Research, one of the leading industry analyst firms, named CrowdStrike a “leader” in The Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suite.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- January 2018: Awarded #1 in the Visionaries quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is seeking a Technical Sales Enablement Director, focused on building enablement programs, including certification and support models, for both internal technical sales and CrowdStrike's Strategic Alliances organization and partner community. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and business acumen, optimally in the security market place.
As the Director of Technical Sales Enablement, you will be responsible for ensuring the technical sales and technical alliances is equipped with content, resources and training that is current, relevant, actionable, and easily consumed through the best and most appropriate forum. This will involve working with a broad set of key stakeholders, including technical sales management and global alliances leadership, product marketing and other key subject matter experts, to prioritize, develop, launch and measure sales curriculum in alignment with strategic priorities, marketing campaigns and sales initiatives. Sales curriculum will include, but is not limited to, on-boarding, quarterly sales training, annual sales kick-off and regional/sales team training. The role will drive continuous innovation in technical sales enablement programs and tools to enhance overall technical sales enablement programs, including participation in strategic initiatives to support the organization's business strategy and the potential to both create and facilitate content.
This role will ideally be based in Sunnyvale or Irvine, CA but is open to a remote location for the right candidate.
What You’ll Need
- Degree: Bachelor's or Masters’ degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or technical related fields
- Experience:8-12 years technical experience as a focused technical lead, sales engineering or solution architecture role, ideally with increasing influence and responsibility.
- Technical Capacity: Role requires technical background, optimally in security, with ability to get hands-on with the product and demonstrate ability to learn, apply and teach technical concepts to a highly technical audience. Additionally, requires ability to express complex technical concepts in concise and understandable terms as well as relate how other companies’ technologies and how those can be integrated into CrowdStrike’s offering.
- Curriculum Development: Experience developing curriculum and content for effective sales training and administering learning management systems preferred.
- Personal drive: Effective time manager, capable of developing the strategy and executing on the tactics and supporting programs, on time and on budget while managing competing priorities
- Leadership experience: A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities, engage with teams and key stakeholders across business functions, led successful and structured initiatives will thrive in this role
- Exceptional problem-solving capability:Facilitate cross-team collaboration for globally distributed organizations while evangelizing strategy, enforcing best practices and incorporating feedback from internal resources and partners.
- Travel: Willing and able to travel (approximately 50%) to facilitate various training programs.
- Experience using cutting edge enablement platforms with mobile learning, experiential learning, gamification, and robust tracking and reporting features.
- Experience in a technical capacity in either incident response services, attack and penetration assessments, or host-based security technologies a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.