Head of Sales Operations at Shipwell (Austin, TX)
At Shipwell, we believe every business should be able to deliver customer delight through seamless freight shipping, just like Amazon. Freight is a complex world that Shipwell is making easier for shippers, carriers, and third-party logistics companies. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to solve their biggest freight challenges with an unmatched technology platform leveraging smart automation and a team of freight professionals. Shipwell is turning the supply chain industry on its head and advancing the way freight has been operating for centuries. Backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley and Austin, Shipwell is poised to dominate freight tech with a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality. Join us, get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 company, and be a part of the future of freight!
Head of Sales Operations
Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team in Austin, TX. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets and proven expertise in building and leading high performing sales organizations. You will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Shipwell, are you up for the challenge?
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
The Head of Sales Operations will help align our sales team to become more effective and efficient in driving growth for the organization. This individual will:
- Execute the sales and GTM strategy for Shipwell
- Drive segmentation strategy for SaaS, managed TMS, and brokerage clients
- Own the CRM functionality
- Design territories for the sales and account management teams to align with all segments of the market
- Design competitive commission programs for the sales and account management team to align with Shipwell’s growth goals
- Provide detail sales metrics to help our team become more effective
- Provide effective forecasting to help leadership with resource allocation, hiring, and decision making
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- At least a Bachelor's degree. MBA is a plus!
- 4+ years of Sales Operations experience with SaaS, managed TMS, and brokerage
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations
- Prior experience building a software sales team or growing one out to scale in a high- or hyper-growth company
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following IT systems: enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Experience with ERP/TMS/Cloud/SaaS solutions is a huge plus
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions
- Bachelor Degree in economics, statistics, or finance
- Understanding of CRM and sales process
- Can do attitude that enjoys building
- Customer obsession
- Proficient at Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, or Looker
WHAT SHIPWELL MEANS FOR YOU
- A constant stream of new things to learn
- Highly talented and dedicated peers
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, get involved with account planning, strategy, and sales calls? The work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our customers
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities
- An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.