We are looking for a Senior Business Development representative for our Americas Multiplay team. Some of the largest game developers rely on Unity’s Multiplay managed hosting solution to abstract away the complexity, uncertainty and variable costs of running backend services for live service games!
This person will be customer-focused with a love for games! We're hoping you have been in or around the gaming industry for some time and have a passion for building trust with large game development teams. This includes, networking, deal strategy, deal negotiation & execution, as well as nurturing relationships to build long term business opportunities with the largest and most influential video-game companies in the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Grow and expand revenue and relationship with existing partners, while also developing and selling to new studios
- Establish strategic, technical, and business relationships with game developers, studios, publishers, and other key partners in the Americas in order to drive Multiplay adoption
- Understand the inner-workings of each of your priority clients - their org charts, decision-making processes, projects, suppliers, goals, etc.
- Staying up-to-date on our industry as a whole to help provide a good pulse on the industry
- Frequent travel to targeted accounts to meet with current and potential customers and some travel outside the territory to meet organizational goals will be required
What we’re looking for
- Significant skills in a quota carrying sales role with a familiarity of standard methodologies and techniques in selling and establishing relationships with games/technology businesses
- Comfortable dealing with highly technical services and interacting with decision-makers in game development studios and publishers
- An ability to marshal and organize the resources of the company to serve the needs of priority clients in a focused and successful manner
- Understanding of gaming social media channels (Discord, Reddit, YouTube, Twitch)
You might also have
- Excitement and passion for PC and Console gaming
- Experience in consumption sales and a background in hosting or cloud services
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty in decision making, we are a team that is adaptable to the ever changing needs of our clients.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.