Pre-Sales Strategy Consultant at Optimizely
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.Job Description
The Services team is Optimizely's secret weapon. As a team, we provide expertise to help our Enterprise clients fully leverage the Optimizely platform as well as strategic guidance to help our clients experiment in intelligent and insightful ways. In every interaction, we put our clients first and strive to exceed every expectation. Our ultimate goal is to deliver quantifiable business value directly to our subscribers that turns clients into Optimizely evangelists, and customers for life. This passion translates to how we work with each other and for the past 3 years in a row, we’ve been honored to be voted one of the best places to work in the SF Bay Area.
Our mission is to make it easier for organizations to make data-driven decisions and we're looking for Strategy Consultants to drive digital optimization strategy for our client en
How you will make an impact
- As a Pre-Sales Strategy Consultant (PSSC) for Optimizely, and a critical member of the expert services team, your primary mission will be to work with our clients to develop a vision & strategy, implement organizational processes, and support change management within their organization as they make the shift towards becoming data-driven rockstars.
- Additionally the PSSC will be responsible for helping to drive higher license ASP, by providing the customer with a digital experimentation strategy/roadmap that aligns with their business goals, and by empowering them with metrics to quantify the ROI of their experimentation program.
- Tactically the PSSC’s job is to arm the customer with the right services to drive quantifiable value with the Optimizely products.
- You will apply your Optimizely product expertise to paint a vision of what optimization looks like at our prospects’ organizations - by identifying project details and communicating expectations
- You will work with the expert services team to ideate, design, implement, and iterate on campaigns that drive value for our clients.
- You will work with the Engagement Manager and other pre-sales and post-sales team members to ensure a successful and timely delivery of a customized implementation that meets client expectations.
- Some % of your time will also be delivering digital optimization strategy to our enterprise clients, while the majority of your time will be focused on working with our sales team as a key player in our largest enterprise deals.
- You will be responsible for perpetually researching and innovating on optimization program best practices so we can increase the maturity of our existing & prospective clients’ programs.
- You will also be responsible for scaling your knowledge across Optimizely by working closely with Marketing, Product and Engineering
- At least 5+ years of experience in management consulting, digital marketing, or analytics, Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in consulting/interacting with Fortune 100 enterprise customers executives at the C-suite, VPs, & Director level
- Experience interpreting web analytics to drive actionable results (e.g., Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, MixPanel, etc.)
- Experience working with sales teams or have been in a client-facing professional services or consulting role
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies
- Strong requirements gathering and discovery skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to both executive and team member audiences
- Experience working as part of a cross functional team (including sales, engineering, marketing and product)
- Experience running an experimentation program in-house at an organization
- Excellent problem solving, creativity, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Analytics experience is a plus - SQL, Excel, ability to synthesize large data sets as needed (to help with customer benchmarking)
- Ability to travel (can range from 30% - 50% travel depending on the month)
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.