Sales Account Executive II, Current Client Team
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
As a Client Account Executive, you will be responsible for building relationships between Blackbaud, yourself and a portfolio of 170 – 200 existing Blackbaud customers already using our powerful and versatile software. We want you to work with these clients to uncover needs and opportunities to expand the use of our products and services, helping them to achieve success with their fundraising, financial, website, and organizational goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Qualifying, pursuing and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Using/maintaining internal sales tools (Salesforce.com) for CRM and pipeline management
- Engaging with technical and/or executive team members in complex sales scenarios
- Developing client proposals that effectively communicate our products and offer customized solutions for each unique nonprofit organization
- Ongoing, self-directed monitoring of non-profit marketplace and competitor developments
- Regular engagement with product management to deliver intelligence on client needs
What we’ll want you to have:
- Prior experience selling/implementing complex software and service solutions
- Preference given to candidates with 2 to 3 years of technology related sales experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven success in creating effective sales strategies to meet and exceed sales quotas
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Superior communication skills with the ability to propose clear, compelling and value-focused solutions
- Excellent time-management skills with the discipline to handle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment
- Additional skills might require a combination of previous experience working/selling to the non-profit community or having a background in Accounting or Finance
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.