Sales Development Manager
TrustRadius is the customer voice and insights platform that helps tech buyers make great decisions, and helps technology vendors acquire and retain customers.
As the Sales Development Manager, you’ll play a critical role in scaling our go-to-market machine by building and optimizing the team, systems, and processes that deliver predictable pipeline generation. Your role here will be transformational: you’ll help us move from a small group of spirited-but-solo demand-gen reps into a systematic function that will be a driving force behind the company’s scaling.
- Lead a Sales Development team in prospecting, outreach, cold-calling, and creating qualified Opportunities
- Own and exceed pipeline quota for your team
- Drive peak performance and engagement from your team by coaching, mentoring, challenging, and aligning compensation and resources
- Inspire, and develop team members, as well as working to develop career pathing for the organization
- Analyze, report on, and continually optimize Sales Development team output. So you’ll need to be skilled in reporting and analysis in Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, and perhaps a bit of Marketo...as well as plenty of Excel.
- Teach team members to treat their pipeline as a sales funnel, identifying weak points and strategies to optimize conversion at each step
- Partner with AEs and the VP Sales to ensure ideal demo handoff and follow-up
- Work closely with Demand Generation for campaign training and response, as well as with Product Marketing for enablement needs
- Be an in-house expert on the ever-changing best practices for sales development
- Build the training program that enables us to ramp new hires to full productivity rapidly
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- At least 1 year of experience managing a lead generation team at a technology company
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to create and communicate excitement and energy on the sales floor
- Experience in a recurring revenue model and fluency with SaaS metrics (ARR, MRR, CAC, LTV, and other industry terms should be concepts you already understand)
- Experience selling to enterprise and mid-market companies
- Strong analytical bent - you make and explain decisions based on data
- Hands-on bias - you’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves and leading by example
- Ability to forecast pipeline just as a sales manager forecasts bookings
- Bachelor's degree preferred