The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a dynamic and empowering Sales Development Manager who will be responsible for building and leading a team of enterprise SDRs. The role focuses on leadership, development and a high performance culture to execute against our rapid sales goals.The Opportunity
In this role, you will have two core priorities: Talent Development & Revenue Development. We view our Account Development Representatives as the next wave of Account Executives at MongoDB. A Sales Development leader at MongoDB hires outstanding talent, maps out the gaps in that rep’s skillset, holds them accountable to reaching their potential, and takes pride in turning that ADR into an AE. You will also be a key asset to our Enterprise Sales organization, partnering with regional leaders across our sales organization, you will be a crucial part of uncovering new opportunities, determining how to unlock new territories, and driving revenue into our pipeline.Day to Day
- Attract, hire, retain, and develop talent
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of sales, our business model, and our sales methodology.
- Be involved in prospect qualification and discovery calls/meetings
- Provide weekly team performance summary as well as timely and accurate forecast to senior management based
- Cross functional collaboration to establish scalable processes for incoming lead management and follow-up SLAs and conversions
- Develop and own KPI’s, supervise the activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics
- Work closely with Field Sales and Inside Sales management to drive increased performance and align pipeline production to our Sales team's needs
- 2+ years experience prospecting as an individual contributor and closing
- 2+ years experience leading/managing with a track record in hiring, developing and promoting
- Complex enterprise software experience in a comparable company (technical and multi level decision making)
- Experience in open source software sales is a distinct advantage
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Top performer, Results oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Experience using and implementing a sales methodology
- Familiarity with database, web server, and open source technology
- Working experience with Salesforce.com
- Great Earning Potential
- Welcoming and inclusive workplace Meet MongoDB’s Employee Affinity Groups!
- Continuous career development
- Sales training in MEDDIC and Command of the Message
- Benefits include:
- Sales Bootcamp
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Restricted Stock Options for New Hires and Competitive Employee Stock Purchasing Program
This role is remote optional until April 4, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Austin for when we introduce our hybrid model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.