Sales Development Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a dynamic and hardworking Sales Development Manager who will be responsible for building and leading a team of SDRs who identify and qualify sales opportunities in North America. The role focuses on leadership, development and the execution of sales goals.
In this role, you will have two core priorities: Talent Development & Revenue Development
- Talent Development: We view our Account Development Representatives as the next wave of Account Executives at MongoDB. Taking on the responsibility of leading this team means dedicating yourself to their development. A Sales Development leader at MongoDB hires outstanding talent, maps out the gaps in that rep’s skillset, holds them accountable to reaching their potential, and takes pride in turning that ADR into an AE.
- Revenue Development: As an SDR manager, you will be a key asset to our Enterprise Sales organization as we look to grow MongoDB across the world. Partnering with Directors and Vice Presidents across our sales organization, you will be a crucial part of uncovering new opportunities, determining how to unlock new territories, and driving revenue into our pipeline.
- Attract, hire and retain high performing Sales Development Representatives via all available channels (internal, external, self)
- Drive a high performance and high accountability culture to achieve and exceed sales development goals
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of sales, our business model, and our sales methodology. This includes coaching on how to build rapport over the phone, best practices on how to reach a targeted audience (via phone, email and social), inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting techniques, qualification and how to set the right scene for high quality opportunity generation and lead nurture
- Support your team by participating in prospect qualification and discovery calls/meetings (including shadowing calls to customize your mentoring for each of the Sales Development Representatives, as well as supporting a deeper level of qualification of opportunities identified)
- Provide weekly team performance summary as well as timely and accurate forecast to senior management based on a deep understanding of historical trends as well as representative’s individual performance (# meetings created/completed, # opportunities created/accepted, pipeline created/accepted, # deals closed from sales development generated pipeline, bookings from sales development pipeline, and volume of leads received and processed)
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales Operations to establish and tune scalable processes for Incoming Lead Management and Marketing to Sales
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and establish scalable reports/dashboards to provide high visibility into lead follow-up SLAs and conversions
- Develop and own Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Sales Development team, supervise the activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics
- Define and execute on creative and innovative techniques to get results and build a performance culture
- Represent the needs of your team cross functionally to drive performance
- Ensure your team consistently uses our sales methodology to source, qualify and pass opportunities as quickly, efficiently, and independently as possible
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of MongoDB’s offerings and the industry as a whole
- Drive field and operational excellence in Sales Development with the tools available to us, including data cleanliness in SFDC
- Work closely with Field Sales and Inside Sales management to drive increased performance and align pipeline production to our Sales team's needs.
- 2+ years experience prospecting as an individual contributor and closing
- 2+ years experience leading/managing with a track record in hiring, developing and promoting
- Complex enterprise software experience in a comparable company (technical and multi level decision making)
- Experience in open source software sales is a distinct advantage
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Top performer, Results oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Experience using and implementing a sales methodology
The health and wellbeing of our team is our first priority. During these times we have extended the option for all of our employees to work from home until the end of the year. We are excited to return to the office when it is safe to do so and are constantly evolving how we bring our strong office culture to a remote working environment.
Our Austin office culture
- MongoDB's Headquarters for NA Account Development and Corporate Sales
- Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT, Legal
- Regular group outings and parties
- Employee affinity groups, Fun Teams, etc.
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance through Cigna
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Corporate Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can be alien to some people. We want you to succeed. When we interview, we’re trying to determine a couple of things:
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team?
- Will you love working here and be a positive influence on our team?
- Will you grow during your time here?
We seek to provide feedback throughout our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves.
When you’re preparing to interview, you’ll often be sharing stories about your current and past roles. An excellent way to frame this is with the CARR model: Context, Action, Results, Reflection. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained.
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how we set ourselves apart.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.