Salesforce CPQ Consultant, Business Operations at Vista Consulting Group
Salesforce CPQ Consultant, Business Operations
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner to Vista Equity Partners, a leading global technology investor with $46 billion in capital commitments. Vista Consulting Group, a key differentiator in Vista's investment approach, deploys subject matter experts to partner with company executives to transform our market-leading software and technology companies.
Fundamental to VCG's success is the BOSS team, or Business Operations and System Standards. BOSS team members work with our companies to transform their operations through the implementation of scalable and repeatable business processes that lay the foundation for executing Vista's Best Practices. We are a work hard/play hard team comprised of driven and knowledgeable consultants who are hungry to drive positive change across the Vista portfolio.
Due to exponential growth in demand for our services, the BOSS Team is currently looking for multiple experienced Salesforce CPQ Consultants. The ideal candidates will have a mix of strategic, tactical, and technical skills plus a high degree of business acumen as they will be expected to partner with Sales, Support, Product Management, Services, and Marketing leaders across the Vista portfolio. Demonstrating strong collaboration skills, Salesforce CPQ Consultants will partner with our portfolio companies as well as 3rd implementation partners to ensure that redesigned business processes align with Vista Best Practices and are achievable within Salesforce and other business systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage individual functional tracks within BOSS transformation projects from project kick-off through go-live and stabilization
- Become an expert on Vista Best Practices and how VCG redesigns business processes and implements business systems to enable them; creating workflows, reports, and dashboards as required
- Gather and analyze business requirements and critical data elements across functional areas
- Serve as an expert in system configuration and guide team members and implementation partners in configuration decisions to ensure scalable and supportable systems
- Deliver and implement recommendations for business process improvements
- Develop training and train users on Salesforce systems and processes
- Drive or participate in internal initiatives to improve VCG and BOSS tools, processes, quality and results
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Prefer 3+ years of experience working in a systems role involving Salesforce Sales Cloud, CPQ, Service Cloud, or Community Cloud
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ, Apttus, or BigMachines is strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage to a tight schedule
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills, including using Excel
- Willingness to consistently travel 2-3 nights per week,2-3 weeks per month, with weekend travel required 2-3 times per year for project go-lives