Hyliion (https://www.hyliion.com/) is an Automotive Industry leader in Class 8 electrification, Hybrid and EV technology, with a growing team of talented engineers and visionaries and a robust network of strategic industry partnerships. With an ever-growing demand for our products, we will provide technology solutions that transform transportation’s environmental impact.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for providing executive leadership and operations management of the company’s sales organization. The position is responsible for executing the sales strategy based on the company’s goals and objectives which will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction. Specific responsibilities include business and market development, proactive account management, management of market research, sales growth, and customer satisfaction. This role reports to the CEO and is located in the Austin, TX metro area. Relocation assistance is available for the selected candidate.
We are looking for an Automotive Industry expert with contacts, connections, and relationships to drive market spread and penetration, fanatic customers, and sustainable revenue production. Experience in the space of powertrain or drivetrain systems, electrification, and/or Hybrid and Electric Vehicles is strongly desired. You have experience growing an entrepreneurial business, along with a reputation for teamwork, a strong work ethic, integrity, candor, and accountability to drive issues to resolution.
- Research, develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve the Group targets.
- Monitor industry and competitor products to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Develops and recommend product positioning and pricing to meet company objectives.
- Generate new business opportunities through individual marketing, networking and relationship building activities.
- Independently run end-to-end pitch process, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, and interfacing with prospective clients.
- Maintain new business pipeline relationships.
- Generate and nurture new business relationships and inbound leads.
- Work with current customers to retain current business and build new business.
- Create like-minded sales partnerships with other business development and sales representatives.
- Establish strategic accounts and relationships with key customers.
- Provide strategic direction and market analysis to assist with building effective marketing plans.
- Lead and manage sales team.
- Considering sales strategy, set organizational and individual performance targets.
- Determine leading and lagging key success factors and incorporate these into your team and individual work plans.
- Put in place robust performance review practices with your team to ensure that performance to target remains on track, or corrective actions are in place.
- Maintain, strengthen, and increase customer relations with regular communications and effective appropriate visits on various customer levels.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure they meet standards set and also learn from your approach to customers.
- Ensure that the right mix and balance of resources are available to efficiently deliver on agreed sales objectives.
- Provide accurate and timely sales reports
- Monitor and report on performance against budget.
- Provide monthly updates of sales, and short- and long-term opportunity forecasts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Automotive Industry expert with contacts, connections and relationships to drive market spread and penetration, fanatic customers and sustainable revenue production.
- Experience and exposure in the space of powertrain or drivetrain systems, electrification, and/or Hybrid and Electric Vehicles is strongly desired.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating, and managing high-performance teams in high growth environments; specific experience in managing both outside and inside sales teams
- Self-driven in generating sales
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- 10 years of overall sales experience
- 7+ years of progressive sales leadership expertise
- Demonstrated success scaling business in a high growth and entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of building and growing client relationships and channel partnerships
- A history of effectively partnering with a collaborative senior management team in support of business objectives
- Reputation of teamwork, a strong work ethic, integrity, candor, and accountability to drive issues to resolution
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.