Senior Director, Risk and Loss Prevention
Who You Are
- You have experience in the financial services or payment industry
- You have a high-level technical experience working with product and engineering teams
- You have identified business needs, figured out what needs to be done, and implemented the appropriate solutions
- You love solving problems and have a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable working cross-functionally
- You practice strong discernment in negotiations to achieve objective(s)
- You're very comfortable making data driven decisions.
- You often work with large data sets in Excel and are able to analyze and format data in a presentation-ready format
- Experience with MySQL a big plus
- You always pay strong attention to detail is critical and have the ability to multi-task and meet fast deadlines
- You love working in a dynamic, results driven environment and bring a positive, can-do, does what it takes attitude.
- You have 10+ years in risk and loss prevention and 5+ years leading others.
What You'll Do
- You'll define standard methodologies to mitigate risk of loss in our cash back offering relating to return fraud (specifically courtesy payout abuse, bot accounts, account take-overs, and abuse of promotions)
- You''ll also be a key partner on all Rewards product development ensuring risk is appropriately prioritized in roadmap development and planning
- You'll be the leader on all gift card risk and loss prevention strategies and procedures including refund abuse, credit card fraud, gift card fraud, and supplier fraud
- You'll identify procedural and operational areas of risk, including those associated with new product roll outs and forward thinking through potential loss prevention risk areas
- You'll implement optimal solutions, including in-house and external solutions (and perform build vs. buy analysis), manage implementations, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- You'll monitor gift card data and segment performance measurements for risk exposure, figure out optimal responses, and put them in motion quickly to minimize ongoing risk and loss
- You'll lead the strategy and process for collecting on outstanding monetary balances owed to the business, including sourcing of external collections efforts and leading internal collection efforts
- You will be responsible for compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Policy and will prepare and present materials regarding risk/loss prevention to the Risk Management Committee
- You'll train and educate product, engineering and operations personnel involved in gift card and cash back operations on risk/loss prevention
- You'll expand your working knowledge of corporate, competitive, territorial, and regulatory issues regarding risk and loss prevention by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and benchmarking industry practices
- You will help resolve inbound inquiries from merchants
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
RewardsWe offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following: - Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable- Long Term Incentive Plan- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave- Open & flexible PTO- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week About UsRetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.