Senior Technical Product Manager, Digital Platform
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
TheSenior Technical Product Manager, DigitalPlatform, will be responsible for leading the teams that deliver the vision, strategy and evolution of data platforms and products that power theHomeAway Marketplace.
- Data Platform – our advanced data architecture is based on real-time event streams that facilitate data sharing across applications and business teams.
- Programmatic Data Products – our data graphs about people, places and things create unique and innovative insights that power the HomeAway Marketplace.
The Senior Technical Product Management role is a multidisciplinary role focused on partnering with engineering and internal business team to define platform strategy and innovative new data products that teams across HomeAway use to programmatically optimize customer user experiences and marketplace business performance. We’re looking for a leader that can combine their unique blend of business acumen and technical skills to translate stakeholder problems into a marketing leading platform. You will serve as a product expert, combining industry expertise and end-user feedback to manage the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio. From there; you will be empowered to design, implement, test, refine, and deploy new platforms and data products that our internal customers love.
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy and product roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to think boldly and creatively and create concrete product ideas and business cases for new data products that optimize the HomeAway Marketplace
- Own the entire product lifecycle – concept to design to creating detailed requirements and working with Engineering to execute on solution delivery
- Establish and lead the DigitalPlatform portfolio, including preparation and participation in 120-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews(MPR’s) and product inceptions
- Collaborate closely withExpedia and identity and capitalize on opportunities for partnership and/or leverage of their technology assets for our shared data challenges
- Manage roadmaps and specify business and technical requirements by conducting research and leading on-going interaction with business stakeholders and Engineering
- Participate in cross-functional stakeholder teams to intake new ideas, manage urgent technical issues, manage release schedules and deliver high quality solutions
- Launch and evangelize new product releases with business stakeholders and product engineering teams to ensure they are full utilizing new capabilities.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a SaaS high-tech company, preferably in big data, marketing technologies, or two sided business to consumer marketplace products
- Demonstrated experience operating as the Product Owner within an agile environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to highly technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience creating innovative B2C products and delivering them into the market
- Experience converting market requirements and customer specifications into prioritized backlogs of requirements, user stories and tasks
- Proven track record of managing existing products while simultaneously incubating and delivering new and innovated products
- Understanding of big data, real-time event streams, predictive analytics, 3rd party tag management
- Certification as a Product Owner or Scrum Master a plus
- BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Information Systems,Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress