Sr. Analyst, Product
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
HomeAway is seeking a Sr. FP&A Analyst, to support our product & technology organization and be part of our commercial finance team at its headquarters in Austin, Texas. This team is a part of the worldwide Financial Planning & Analysis organization. This role reports to the Senior Finance Manager of Commercial Finance based in Austin. Commercial Finance’s charge is to provide fora common language and data driven hypotheses, which can be validated through a test and learn approach to enable exceptional analytical insights, influencing faster and better business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Broad experience working with or at an eCommerce company, analyzing R&D or product investments, understanding and modeling investment returns and then synthesizing the information into actionable recommendations
- Advanced experience building financial models, product scorecards and prioritization frameworks with buy-in from the business
- Collaboration with product management and sale steams with the aptitude to understand and incorporate business drivers and influence decisions
- Proven experience analyzing large volumes of data with an ability to synthesize it into trends, actionable recommendations, and executive level presentations
- Ability to operate independently with sound judgement
- Exceptional communication skills with experience representing to and working with executive level leaders. The ability to influence staff, peers, and high-level individuals
The candidate must be comfortable with working and influencing in an entrepreneurial organization where processes are not always well-defined due to the fast-paced business environment which requires agility and quick adjustments. Despite the pace,this person needs to lead process, automation, scale and predictability in the solutions they drive. The ideal candidate will know how to analyze data to uncover trends, use them in a predictive environment and report on progress against key metrics. The candidate will have a strong appetite for professional growth, development and real-time feedback along with a desire to progress in the FP&A organization at HomeAway. Managing multiple priorities and the interests of multiple stake holders is a must. This person must be able to effective work cross functionally, driving the business strategically and improving productivity and efficiency by connecting the dots across the various functions of the team and business.
- This emerging role is charged with being a trusted business partner to the Product organization; providing financial support for all Product areas while also understanding drivers for the cross-functional teams, including Dev, IT and Retail
- This includes influencing and driving investment decisions through robust analysis, forecasting, and reporting. Applying learning's to influence future investment decisions related to product road-map, AB testing priorities, etc.
- Influence across the FP&A team to forge solid relationships with colleagues in order to plug into local operating models, processes and procedures. In doing so, identify, analyze and communicate current global trends and most importantly their impact on forward looking financial forecasts
- Utilize data warehouse, Hyperion, etc. to create and maintain models, metrics reporting and scorecards from ‘scratch’
- Proactively identify risk and opportunities and areas for investment, constraint, or reallocation across the Tech portfolio
- Drive efficiencies in the Commercial finance organization by identifying process deficiencies, offering viable and scalable solutions and driving cross-departmental collaboration to implement those solutions
- 10+ Years of experience in financial analysis with increasing responsibility and complexity, including executive level partnership and an emphasis on product returns analysis
- eCommerce company experience including financial modeling, ROI based investment analysis with cross functional C Suite level engagement
- Exceptional communication and time management skills for working globally and achieving multiple priorities on time and in a quality fashion
- Proven experience analyzing large volumes of data with an ability to synthesize it into trends and actionable recommendations
- Experience combining advanced Excel skills to solve business problems and create flexible models, including such tools as VLookUp, HLookUp, SumIf, SumProduct and IndexMatch
- Dynamic financial modeling skills to drive actionable productivity recommendations
- OLAP based financial planning software experience such as Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, Cognos a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress