The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Who You Are
With a strong engineering background, you’re looking for a role that gives you the freedom to help define and implement a modern security engineering function. You’re passionate about building a program that puts a heavy emphasis on customer and engineer experience. You enjoy partnering with different teams to find and implement pragmatic solutions.Who We Are
The MongoDB Atlas Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to provide services at global scale. The team is responsible for several services including
- MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering
- Cloud Manager - our hosted monitoring, administration, and performance optimization tool
- Ops Manager - our on-prem management platform that makes it easy to deploy MongoDB on your own infrastructure
- MongoDB Realm - our serverless platform helping customers build apps that reliably sync between mobile devices and their backend
The MongoDB Atlas Security Team helps the engineers design, implement, and operate systems in a manner that protects customer data. We are a multi-disciplinary team that spans across product, application, cloud, infrastructure, and operations.Responsibilities
- You will take ownership and drive improvement for parts of our program such as fuzzing, threat modeling, secrets management, or container security
- Drive architecture and process that makes security the easiest path
- Research and POC new attacks against our systems
- Create new capabilities to detect and respond to malicious signals
- Empower developers to write secure software through code review and feedback
- Architect and help engineers develop security features in the Atlas code base
- Plan and execute security assessments of our products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure
- Educate the engineering org on security through CTFs, lunch-and-learns, and one-on-one conversations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and fix security issues through manual code review, application penetration testing, or red teaming
- Scripting experience and ability to contribute code back to our environments
- Comfortable leading threat modeling and being a security ambassador to other engineering teams
- Communicate complex technical issues in a simple manner that builds trust with a variety of audiences
- A strong sense of ownership and delivery
- Docker and Kubernetes operation and security
- Working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with large scale environments
- Taking ownership of one or more security programs such as appsec, cloud, or detect/response
- Seeing projects through from conception to completion in order to deliver new services or capabilities for the team
- Establishing yourself as a go-to person for discussing security topics
This role is remote optional until January 10, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in our NYC or San Francisco office when we introduce our hybrid model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.