Senior Security Operations Engineer at Expedia Group
ExpediaWhat You'll Do:
- Responding to critical incidents, threats, vulnerabilities and bring these issues to resolution
- Continually create new knowledge base articles and pattern discovery to be used for discovery, alerting and detection
- Primary communicator/coordinator with internal and 3rd party teams during critical incidents.
- Primary communicator/coordinator for annual table-top exercises.
- Develop new, repeatable methods for finding malicious activity across Vrbo networks and create alert content as needed from findings.
- Design, document, and implement incident response processes, procedures, guidelines, and solutions. Responsible for technical and executive level reports on incident response issues.
- Able to perform case management duties
- Lead and work hand-in-hand with the SOC on executing red team, threat hunting and threat intel activities.
- Provide mentoring and training sessions for the Security Operations team.
- Developing new SecOps processes and procedures alongside SOC Lead and internal Vrbo Security/IT teams.
- Perform basic programming and develop scripts in support of/as needed for Incident Response and Security Operations.
- Position includes on call responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in a Security Operations Center environment conducting network, host, or threat analysis.
- Experience with multiple enterprise grade security technologies.
- Deep understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, incident response methodologies, log analysis and attacker techniques
- Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape, including actors, TTPs, targets, etc.
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and have a desire to learn new things.
- Experience working with complex, sophisticated environments.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, cybersecurity, or related subject matter.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Security industry specific certifications are a plus (GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GREM etc.).
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.