Associate Payroll Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Associate Payroll Specialist to deliver global payroll administration. Position is responsible for execution of all tasks necessary to accomplish BigCommerce’s payroll administration objectives as well as supporting employee data management activities in HRIS systems. This position serves as the point of contact for payroll and related HR Policy execution.What You’ll Do
- Administer, reconcile and audit global payroll for 900+ employees (hourly, non-exempt, exempt, commissioned) in multiple payroll systems. Includes: processing of employee changes, record maintenance, time and attendance system management, etc. to ensure accuracy and timely execution.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by producing accurate payrolls and keeping information confidential.
- Responding in a professional manner to questions from employees and managers regarding payroll with a high sense of urgency.
- Participate in preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Audit systems and review employee related data to ensure accuracy so that policies are being met and tax forms are processed timely.
- Participate in internal and external audits with a high degree of excellence.
- Extracting, reviewing, auditing, and saving payroll related reports for historical and compliance purposes.
- Partner and interact with HRBP’s, People Services, Payroll, Finance, Culture & Diversity and various external vendors in the deployment and administration of global payroll
- Timely invoice reconciliations.
- Maintain a good understanding of ever- changing law and regulations through self- research and training
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and the operational efficiencies.
- Process off-Cycle payments with accuracy
- Manage employee terminations including severance payments.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 1 - 2 years HR Systems/Global Payroll experience ideally in a high-tech environment, global/multi-location experience preferred.
- CPP or FPP Certification a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS, Payroll, Compensation, and processes.
- Experience with Bamboo HR & Insperity a plus
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
- Exceptional client relationship skills.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights.
- Advanced excel skills.