Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career. Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about at Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.8 star glassdoor rating and 4.7 Trust Pilot rating.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity. Our company is planning on more than doubling in 2021, and this role will play the key role in driving success in our talent acquisition efforts. This role, which is based at our headquarters in Austin, TX, is needed immediately as the demand for talent is exceeding our capacity.
As the first person on our recruitment team, you will have the chance to set the foundation of recruiting at ground zero, build processes and systems from ground up and play a foundational role in how talent and recruitment function gets established at Billd.
You’ll get to work alongside an extremely passionate and supportive team and wear multiple talent hats like people ops and culture. We are looking for someone who truly enjoys attracting top talent, nurturing them and leaving their imprint on the company culture.
- Develop Talent Acquisition Strategy – Lead our recruiting and talent acquisition strategy, inclusive of instituting best practices in our recruiting process, developing our employer branding, leveraging a world-class candidate experience to enhance our brand.
- Talent Acquisition Management – Tactfully manage Billd’s talent acquisition function, inclusive of performing searches yourself, and managing our external talent vendors.
- Company and Culture Evangelist – You will be responsible for evangelizing and expanding Billd’s brand as an awesome place to grow one’s career. This includes improving our 4.8 glassdoor rating to a 5 star (one of our core values is “Always Better”).
- Manage and improve Billd’s data driven evaluation process based on actual employee performance.
- Provide reporting to the executive team on future hiring needs (based on company projections), search status reports, and employee performance to adjust role specific evaluation metrics.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of recruiting experience and 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience at a large executive search firm, boutique executive search firm, or proven success leading talent acquisition at a growing company
- Ability to plan and execute against aggressive hiring plans – with a history of hitting hiring goals with precision
- Passionate about growing a diverse and talented team
- Expert research and candidate identification skills, with experience using Bamboo (or other similar ATS)
- Ability to design a search strategy using detailed position requirements inputs.
- Excellent disposition – unflappable style that holds up during stressful situations and in dealing with challenging clients and candidates.
- A problem-solver who will proactively identify challenges and come up with solutions.
- Proven ability to bring structure and organization to a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent EQ, with ability to anticipate others’ reactions.
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ambitious and hungry. Wants to learn, grow and take on new challenges.
- Exceptional level of judgement and discretion.
- Always acting with the highest level of integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Always maintains a friendly demeanor. The kind of individual others enjoy working alongside.
- Low ego – willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done.