Head of Culture
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
The Head of Culture is responsible for building and creating an organizational culture and brings the company together even as the company grows and scales. This role strategizes and implements programs - such as events, training, and onboarding - that keep our team members happy, empathetic, and productive. This role also streamlines our day-to-day operations and creates policies and practices that will help us stay organized and effective. Projects for this role include finding or furnishing office space; handling our relationships with service providers and vendors; planning parties, off-sites, or all-hands meetings; or collecting, analyzing, and acting on company feedback from employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage relationships with key service providers and vendors to solve company needs
- Create and implement strategies to evaluate and improve employee satisfaction and productivity
- Plan effective internal events (such as all-hands or off-site) and external ones with clients, vendors, contractors, or partners
- Create and maintain a welcoming, productive, and engaging work space
- Coordinate budgets for operational and business needs and budget reconciliations for cultural related activities
What We Like To See/ Measures of Success:
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, or 5-10 years of experience in office, HR, culture management, or business operations in a fast-paced environment. At least 3 years leading a team with a high customer focus for success and delivery of services.
- Previous experience leading event management activities and staff
- Understanding of rewards and recognition strategies and proven track record of creating alignment in culture with desired business and employee engagement objectives
- A strong sense of flexibility and adaptability in the face of rapidly developing challenges
- Excellent planning and project management skills with a superior attention to detail
- Great instincts and sensitivity to issues with employee populations that may be hindered by organizational or market predicated changes
- Strong communication and team skills
- Preference given to candidates who have worked with culture related issues in a call center or similar setting
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity / Realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity / Realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description