Head of People
Your Day to Day
- Culture & Employee Experience: Represent and drive a culture that embodies Bestow’s values. Ensure cultural consistency as Bestow grows and scales, and set up infrastructure to manage through change and maintain the level of trust and transparency across levels and functions that exist today.
- Organizational Assessment & Design: Educate, advise and influence business leaders on organizational design, organizational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews and change management.
- Learning & Development: Create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as Bestow continues to grow.
- Compensation & Benefits: Develop and manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program by completing regular market analysis, designing pay structures, conducting cost analyses and effectively implementing improvements.
- Recruiting & Talent Acquisition: In partnership with our Talent Leads, lead talent acquisition activities including defining and implementing strategies to attract and retain top talent across the company with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team. Provide guidance, share knowledge and best practices. Serve as an advocate of our culture to help attract the best and brightest talent to Bestow.
A Little About You:
- You have a wide breadth of experience with programs including total rewards, coaching, performance management, including experience using various Applicant Tracking Systems.
- You have knowledge around maintaining responsibility for organization and labor compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- You have natural, authentic people skills. You have a knack for building trust-based relationships at all levels. You are a great listener, possess strong interpersonal skills, and are quick to build trust. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications--both written and verbal.
- You would describe yourself as nimble. You know how to zoom out to think on behalf of an organization and can zoom in to tackle nuances at an individual level. You can pivot quickly on-the-fly--a listening ear to a concerned employee one moment and a trusted advisor to leadership the next.
- You hold a self-starter mindset and take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- You are fluent in "people problem-solving." You're a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and the company.
- You are aligned with Bestow’s Values. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing culture, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get us there. You know how to use data and tech to glean insights.
- You have gumption to take the wheel before being asked. You consistently raise the bar on delivering a top-notch product. You are a self-driven and diligent project manager who is highly motivated, highly process-driven with exceptional attention to detail, and super-organized with great follow-through.
- You have demonstrated progressive and broad HR Business Partner/People Operations experience, preferably in high-growth tech startup environments.
- You have a solid and current understanding of federal and Texas employment law and familiarity with national employment practices.
- Your experience has been focused on People leadership, organizational development and design, and People operations.
- You have a proven track record of being hands-on in building and executing company-wide processes and programs from scratch.
- You have previous experience scaling teams at a fast growing company.
- You have experience leading internal and external recruiting strategies, including overseeing full life cycle recruitment processes.
- You enjoy staying current on market trends and innovative techniques to attract talent.
- Previous experience working with executive leadership is required.