Head of Technical Recruiting (Product and Engineering) at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Director of Talent Acquisition that will be responsible for our talent acquisition strategy. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience building processes, people, and culture around a best-in-class technical talent operation. Your number one priority is to build and enable a technical recruiting team to be the best in the market.
Why Join us? Our People team at Workrise sits at the nexus of company strategy and execution. We seek to not only double in size over the next 12 months, we also seek to have 1,000,000 workers on our platform by 2030. We know that our success is ultimately defined by our people, and relentlessly pursue the opportunity to build best-in-class talent and culture. If you’re passionate about building a talent strategy and brand, there’s no better time to join.What you’ll be doing:
- Hiring, scaling, and leading our technical talent acquisition team
- Defining our talent acquisition strategy as it relates to driving company outcomes in all things product and engineering
- Foster amazing relationships with and serve as the subject matter expert of all things tech+talent working closely with leadership throughout Workrise (engineering, product, finance, etc.)
- Lead, foster, develop, inspire, and enable the recruiting team to do the best work of their careers (and meet or exceed recruiting targets)
- Building process and systems to enable a best-in-class operation to fulfill the workforce / headcount plan
- Setting OKRs, analyzing the results, and iterating on strategy
- Partnering with the recruiting team and hiring managers to drive diversity, equity, and inclusion at every stage of the hiring process
- Define how to identify, assess, and attain the best tech talent available
- Consulting with Workrise’s executive leadership team and talent acquisition strategy
- Be knowledgeable in recruiting trends of the future workplace to ensure Workrise keeping pace with technology and evolving our tools and processes
- Governing budgeted headcount across US and International operations
- 15+ years of recruiting experience with 5+ years of management
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement recruiting strategies in a fast-growth tech environment and leading a high-performing recruiting team
- Proven track record of leading with compassion, enabling and developing technical recruiting talent
- Analytical mindset and expertise in using data and a data oriented approach to drive strategic outcomes
- Experience managing managers
- International leadership experience
- Experience using metrics and analytical insights to foster a compelling, data-driven recruiting narrative relative to our technical organizations
- Experience building process, org structure and high performance teams
- Understanding of broader People operations and workforce compliance requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated in the ability to proactively seek out opportunities to impact the bottom line
- Demonstrates superior influence skills; can communicate effectively and confidently with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change
- Results orientated, measurement bias using reporting to translate talent-related actions into measurable outcomes
- Human...kind, nice, humor, empathy
- Ability to manage both a remote and local team
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- High rewards commensurate with high performance
- Flexible paid time off and generous benefits including 401k with company matching
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!