Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
At Homeward, our people are the most important to us. We encourage sharing thoughts, ideas, suggestions, we want to hear everyone's voice. In this role, you are responsible for the success of the departments you will work closest with. You’re passionate about people, data, processes, and compliance. As an HRBP, your primary goal is to ensure the people strategy and business strategy of your departments of focus are aligned and driving the most value to our team and to Homeward.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) including management development and performance reviews.
- Provide a high level of customer service support that consistently interprets and implements policies, procedures, and company practices.
- Conduct regular meetings with members of the respective business units
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and employee experience (engagement data, turnover analysis, performance feedback, etc)
- Conduct regular, proactive analyses of data and processes related to employment decisions and HR processes
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s integrity standards. This role is a partner for multiple teams, including Technology, and will be a culture driver for the organization with support from the People Operations team.
- Be ready to jump in anywhere in our People Department to provide project management, thought leadership and execution. This is a position that will give exposure to all aspects of the People Team!
- 7+ years of human resources experience in a fast-paced environment with a growing company
- Certifications (SHRM) or educational background in the HR space, preferred
- Proven experience managing a business unit and general HR needs for a rapidly growing startup
- Previous experience managing a technology vertical at a rapidly growing startup
- System knowledge, Google Suite, PEO, and enterprise HRIS preferred
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Trustworthy, team player & collaborative approach to work
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to learn and contribute
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.