Senior Employee Success Consultant (US) at A Cloud Guru
PEOPLE & CULTURE CHAMPION | BUSINESS PARTNER
As a Senior Employee Success Consultant at A Cloud Guru, you'll be an integral member of our global People & Culture team and will work on employee success efforts for our global employees – including both in-office and remote employees. In this role you will partner alongside an Employee Success Lead supporting the Product & Engineering and Content client groups to help drive business outcomes. The role will bridge both the strategic and tactical worlds as we grow as an organization. With your strategic view, you will consult with your client groups on organizational, team, cultural, change management, and leadership development initiatives. On the tactical side, you will help to improve processes as well as manage employee relations issues.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the People & Culture team awesome...
From first-day tacos to quarterly values events, our culture is the lifeblood of this organization. We’ve been awarded best places to work, because our people team is dedicated to putting people first. Our teams make sure the quirky and awesome culture that we’ve created never dies by providing the training, experiences, and processes that help people thrive.
We have pulled together the most empathetic, down-to-earth, “people people” across the globe to create a dream team of culture creators. This isn’t a job for us, it’s a passion. We care about making people's lives a better place, and we get the chance to do that daily in our own unique ways.
The type of person that is successful at ACG is someone who can adapt to a fast paced atmosphere and is enthusiastic and passionate. Someone who loves to laugh and have fun while creating amazing experiences and making people smile - Tina, Hat Guru (And Employee Experience Lead)As a Senior ES Consultant at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Partner with People Leaders and employees to continue to grow high performing teams, retain great talent and maintain an awesome culture.
- Provide developmental coaching to all levels and offer creative solutions to business needs.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices within the organization.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and policies.
- Consult regularly with individuals and leaders and provide guidance when appropriate.
- Identify actions and lead improvement initiatives based on engagement survey results and additional sources of feedback from the organization.
- Utilize a data-driven approach to make recommendations and influence leaders.
- Identify training and development needs for teams and individuals.
- Work with the global P&C team on projects and initiatives for the business.
- Support with the operational business as usual requirements and activities, including playing a key role in global cyclical P&C activities, preparation of documentation, reporting, and working in HR systems.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Bring impeccable interpersonal, employee-relations, and communication skills; you have a people first mentality and the ability to earn trust and credibility with employees across all levels of the organization with ease.
- Bring a desire to continually learn and grow.
- Be a proactive change agent in a fast-paced and growth driven environment.
- Build strong and meaningful relationships.
- Be a team player and get involved in a broad scope of Employee Success work i.e. quarterly reviews, team coaching, drafting policies, design and implementation of strategic initiatives, performance improvement plans, and business planning and reporting.
- Adapt with change, reprioritize initiatives as needed and appreciate a sense of urgency
- Successfully balance employee needs with business objectives.
- Think globally to support our global workforce.
- Highly empathetic with strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Have a laugh!
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Proven work experience as an HR business partner.
- An innate ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding and application of People & Culture principles and compliance, concepts, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of People & Culture programs that drive culture and great employee experiences.
- A passion for people and a desire to do the right thing.
- Proven ability to own processes and to partner with leaders on strategy and performance.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions.
- Must be able to flex work style - strategic, operational and tactical - and partner effectively across functional teams, and employee levels
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.