Sourcing Lead - Talent Acquisition
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is growing rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for a Talent Sourcing Lead who will lead an agile team of sourcing specialists and partner with our hiring teams to drive our passive candidate and talent top-of-funnel recruiting strategy. You will contribute to developing talent identification and engagement strategies for critical roles. You will bring operational excellence around competitive intelligence for critical current and future hiring needs, enabling business partners to make strategic and impactful talent decisions.What you’ll do:
- Directly responsible for leading, mentoring, and encouraging a team of expert Talent Sourcers, and take ownership of building and aligning the greater Talent Team to sourcing standard methodologies
- Craft and implement innovative, detailed market research, talent mapping, and creative sourcing methods to build robust, diverse passive talent pipelines for specialized, hard-to-fill roles with an emphasis on technical roles (software engineers, platform engineers, AI/ML, IT, etc.) and life sciences (bioinformatics, quality, regulatory, clinical, etc.) in addition to operational and business-related roles
- Be a player-coach - apply tools such as search engines, job boards, open-source communities, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other sophisticated sourcing channels to source, screen, and qualify passive candidates, while leading a team
- Maintain and nurture your pipeline of leads and identify future opportunities that align with their experiences and interest
- Lead a pipeline of candidates across multiple requisitions, hiring managers, and recruiters with a focus on excellent candidate experience
- Develop and measure metrics, pipeline activity and maintain accurate and detailed documentation within our ATS
- Deliver market intelligence for multiple projects simultaneously, guide information and system infrastructure
- Provide regular updates on sourcing status, market trends, and competitive market landscape
- 5+ years of deep, proven talent sourcing and recruiting experience in rapid-growth life sciences or technology companies and talent sourcing strategy and people leadership
- Expert level proficiency with a wide variety of sourcing tools, LinkedIn Recruiter, GEM, Greenhouse CRM (or similar systems), Boolean searches, and progressive talent market mapping strategies
- Advanced expertise in core recruiting skills, including cold calling, passive candidate engagement, screening for alignment, etc.
- A creative and collaborative approach to talent discovery and engagement
- Experience with using data and metrics to shape a comprehensive sourcing strategy, develop a pipeline, and build trust with clients
- Ability to handle multiple workflows and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Experience leading people and evolving team performance metrics and meeting or exceeding performance expectations
- The ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.