Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s 50 Startups to Watch in 2020. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re ready to build an amazing team with top-tier talent like you! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about Wheel's growth.
- Lead legal negotiations for commercial transactions and partner with the sales team to close transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Draft and review a variety of complex commercial agreements, including SaaS, MSAs, and Telehealth Collaboration Agreements.
- Consider all legal and regulatory considerations relevant to contracting for health care software and services, including but not limited to fraud and abuse, HIPAA, and corporate practice of medicine.
- Iterate on and improve the current contracting process.
- Use the experience gained from supporting commercial transactions to help define business terms and structure deals in the most optimal way.
- Develop, maintain and refine legal templates.
- Serve as Legal point of contact for sales team, handling new contract requests, renewals, amendments, and expansions.
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to drive development of relationships with Wheel clients, partners, and vendors. Represent Wheel in external meetings and negotiations alongside the sales team.
-Identify and explain agreement terms and associated risks to business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure, and advise accordingly
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice.
- At minimum 5 years out of law school
- Health law specific commercial contracting experience
- Health tech or health system experience preferred
- Top law firm experience preferred
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Strong and effective document drafting and negotiating skills with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practical business acumen, driving pragmatic business-oriented solutions
- A highly approachable, collegial and collaborative approach
- Accountable and proactive self-starter, comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- J.D. from accredited U.S. law school
- Member of the bar in any US jurisdiction with the ability to practice in-house in Texas
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description