Legal Administrative Assistant at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Legal Administrative Assistant. Duties will primarily involve providing legal secretarial and administrative support for the Workrise Legal team, which supports a company with over 700 corporate employees and thousands of skilled tradespeople who work in the field.
Why join us? As a team, we advise and counsel business stakeholders and participate in matters ranging from equity raises to incoming litigation. Workrise is a dynamic and fast moving corporate environment that keeps us engaged and also allows for balance.What you’ll be doing:
- Typing and drafting correspondence.
- Preparing pleadings and other legal documents.
- Managing electronic case files.
- Managing the docketing of litigation deadlines.
- Filing documents electronically with the court or arbitral institution.
- Serving documents by email on behalf of the Workrise Legal team.
- Answering telephones, taking messages and returning calls where appropriate.
- Completing other administrative tasks to support the successful practice of the Workrise Legal team, such as expense reimbursements and travel arrangements
- A solid working knowledge of electronic filing documents in Federal and State Courts, as well as the ability to use PACER.
- Experience managing electronic files.
- Ability to manage a calendar including calculating and tracking litigation deadlines, setting reminders, and ensuring calendar details are appropriately entered.
- Ability to type a minimum of 55 wpm.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Zola Suite a plus.
- Experience in American Arbitration Association matters a plus.
- Superior technical, proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!