At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
What You Will Do
As the Contract Specialist, you will facilitate and direct the legal review, negotiation and resolution of the organization's contracts.
- Review and evaluate proposed contracts for necessary/acceptable contract terms and conditions.
- Serve as primary liaison with contracting principals, internal departments and external parties to ensure compliance with contract specifications and resolution of issues.
- Identify and negotiate revisions as necessary.
- Develop contracts using approved model templates and develops new contract model templates for approval.
- Manage and update contract data into the contract database as required.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.