Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
The Vice President of Land Acquisitions is responsible for the sourcing and acquisition of land (raw land, VDLs, paper lots, CoO deals, and purpose-built communities) to support Amherst Homes, with a primary focus on raw land and lot acquisition. This entails sourcing, preliminary underwriting, structuring, negotiating, and executing acquisitions to support the growth of Amherst Homes.
- Source and build pipeline within assigned region of homebuilders, developers, lenders, investors, brokers and institutional operators to acquire community investment and development opportunities
- Identify the owners and sellers of lots in desirable locations within the Amherst buy box
- Work with legal to draft contracts and facilitate the execution of closing on properties
- Manage pipeline tracking and ensure all deals are tracked across their lifecycle
- Direct investment analysis including underwriting, financial modeling, and preparation and presentation of investment memos to Investment Committee, senior leaders, investors, and joint venture partners in conjunction with Private Equity team and Underwriting team
- Manage operational and financial due diligence processes; work with Development team to ensure they are conducting and reviewing site visits, feasibility analyses, market studies, developer/builder assessments, etc.
- Maintain understanding of macro-economic and demographic trends within target markets and assist in efforts to expand market footprint
- Understand micro neighborhoods within target markets to help build development pipeline
- Mentor, train and oversee work product and responsibilities for junior members
- Help formalize templates and workflows to facilitate smooth investment processes
- Collaborate closely with Private Equity and Development counterparties internally to move deals across the business
- Ensure smooth handoffs between internal counter parties to successfully close a deal
- Constantly think about ways to innovate, acquire more land/homes, and improve Amherst Homes as we launch the business and operate in an agile environment
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Business or related field; MBA preferred or Masters in RE Finance
- Minimum of 10-15 years of direct acquisitions and underwriting of commercial, residential and/or retail properties; previous land acquisitions experience for a production homebuilder a plus
- Minimum of four years of supervisory experience;
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Argus
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.