Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
We’re looking for an individual who is well-rounded in highly sophisticated real estate operations. Our team is highly collaborative and moves fast on executing efficiently. The ideal candidate is well-versed in the single-family residential market and capable of engaging in complex operational processes across multiple markets. Keeping a diligent eye on all things operations they will be directly responsible for supporting the administrative work related to the contracts, closing processes and acquisition workflow. This will include directly developing and managing deal flow from realty network partners in assigned markets, offering management to virtual research and sales teams, coordinating inspections, and general administrative support of off-market acquisitions. This role is a key contributor to our growing off-market acquisitions team. They will help facilitate the acquisition of targeted single-family residential properties. This is a full-time position.
- Manage virtual research and sales teams and associated closing workflow processes to efficiently develop acquisition strategies
- Handle inbound and outbound calls with real estate professionals to manage deal flow
- Proactively look for issues that could cause close delays and use problem-solving skills to resolve the issues
- Maintain and manage active, off-market files and use communication skills to keep the acquisitions team updated
- Demonstrate accountability for the success and coordination of due diligence efforts to ensure a smooth and efficient acquisition process.
- Perform additional duties as requested or assigned
- Data entry
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years prior experience in single-family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single-family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- 5+ years of experience in real estate contracts, title, and escrow, or mortgage origination preferred
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Experience using software to manage operations.
- Customer service focused and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Look for innovative ways to improve our business
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Who you are:
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast-moving environments.
- Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Possesses customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- Sees ambiguity as an opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.