Associate Manager, LTL and Final Mile
Shipwell(R) is transforming the supply chain industry by replacing opaque and manual processes through a tech-enabled, fully connected logistics ecosystem with more than 500,000 carrier partners. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
As the Associate Manager of LTL & Final Mile Operations, you will possess a background and expertise in LTL/Final Mile freight. You will lead a team by your actions and execute tasks with great urgency and great detail. You are responsible for every shipment belonging to your team within Shipwell’s network.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Create and Formalize all Department and Customer SOP's for Final Mile and LTL
- Build and maintain a claim management program and a variance management program to help foster sustainability
- Build and maintain reporting dashboard for management to view Internal OKR(s)and Carrier KPI(s)
- Build and execute team strategy on operational efficiency
- Build Carrier/3PL Programs that create longevity and sustainability for the Shipwell Platform
- Procure/Manage Final Mile Carriers that integrate and provide value to the Shipwell Customer
- Onboard, train, coach, and manage team members
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree
- 4 + years of LTL/Final mile experience
- 2 + years management experience in fast paced shipping or brokerage environment
- Hands on experience with carrier relationship management
- Hands on experience with customer relationship management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
What we offer:
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.