Customer Success Specialist at MongoDB
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic and hands-on Customer Success Specialist to help our customers realize and maximize the value of their MongoDB products and services.
Individuals in this role have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges and are adaptive and excited to help innovate with new processes with a customer-centric mindset and attitude. We’re looking for someone who thrives by having regular interactions with customers and is proactive in their outreach.
The Customer Success team at MongoDB is responsible for building relationships with our customers and becoming a trusted advisor and “go-to” person for best practices and advice. We are an integral part of our customer’s success with MongoDB and bring value to every interaction - from onboarding and product adoption to growth. We are a global team spread across our offices in New York City, Austin, Dublin, and Sydney.
Our ideal candidate will have
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in a Customer Success, Account Management, or similar customer-focused role
- Experience with technologically complex accounts and/or SMB/Enterprise market customers in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and product are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- High levels of organization and attention to detail - you understand what it means to own a customer portfolio and to prioritize and manage your time efficiently as you maintain accurate records and provide timely reporting
- A passion for teamwork and collaboration - you’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis and will help to build the Customer Success “brand” across our entire organization
- The ability to be adaptive to an ever-changing environment, where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and (y)our processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to a diverse audience, both internally and externally
- Prior exposure to database, cloud and infrastructure technology is a plus
- The ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese in a business environment (preferred, but not required)
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take on new challenges
- You take ownership as you manage a large customer portfolio across many industries and use cases
- Your main focus will be retention using engagement playbooks and indicators; We will look to you to evolve those over time and as we gain additional insights particularly about customers who started adoption MongoDB more than two years ago.
- You organize customer and project (re-)onboarding meetings, validating and identifying customer needs, potential challenges, and key success criteria
- You enjoy and promote the implementation of MongoDB features across your assigned customer portfolio using playbooks, product signals, and other relevant data points
- You are able to successfully identify and mitigate the risk of churn and are focused on ensuring customer satisfaction
- You help develop and implement best practices and processes to contribute to MongoDB’s Customer Success Program
As a Customer Success Specialist, you will be successful when you can become a:
- Risk Mitigator - Identify blockers to product adoption and preventing revenue and account churn
- Trusted Advisor - Recommending best practices in order to help the customer achieve their business outcomes
- Portfolio Master - Understand and can relay trends in your customer portfolio and provide recommendations to our business for maximized results
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*