“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
The Enterprise Health Affairs team is responsible for partnering with Bright Health’s clinical leadership and business unit executives to provide strategic direction, thought leadership, and analysis to guide recommendations and for driving the execution of enterprise-wide quality, health equity, and well-being strategies and functions.
The Director of Enterprise Health Affairs drives enterprise clinical strategy development and manages the annual strategic planning function for the clinical organization. They will work closely with senior clinical leadership and senior executives to formulate the company’s clinical vision, inclusive of its connection to the overarching mission and vision, corporate health and well-being priorities, business unit strategy alignment to the clinical vision, and prioritization of clinical resources. In addition to clinical strategy development and communication, the Lead will play a critical role in driving execution by ensuring that downstream operational, budget and people planning activities accurately reflect enterprise clinical priorities. This individual will partner with multiple cross-functional teams and be accountable to ensure the success of the enterprise clinical governance structure (i.e., Bright Health and Wellbeing Council) and subcommittees. This position will identify and support council and committee leadership to identify areas of improvement and track program outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will have a proven record of accomplishment in fast-paced and complex health plan and/or health care delivery settings. Strategic consulting experience is highly desired to be successful in this position. You have a demonstrated ability to connect concepts, ideas, and data across multiple functional areas to build alignment and cohesion within the council and subcommittees. You excel at seeing both the “big picture” and the detail necessary to ensure initiatives are being managed with high quality. You lead with accountability; are an excellent and prolific verbal and written communicator; and operate with strong attention to detail. Your colleagues and clients recognize you for leading through influence, having empathy towards others, being highly collaborative and strongly exhibit the ability to drive towards measurable outcomes.
- Enterprise Clinical Strategy. In collaboration with the Chief Health and Equity Officer, other senior clinical, and members of the corporate strategy team devise and promulgate the enterprise clinical strategy. This includes:
- Establishing an annual corporate clinical strategy with quarterly revisions;
- Communicating the strategy with senior organizational leaders to drive a common understanding of the clinical governance structure and strategy across the clinical divisions and enterprise;
- Building and promoting a strong, consistent, and authoritative clinical “voice” through clear and consistent communication of key clinical points of view, both internally and externally;
- Defining and ensuring the dissemination of enterprise performance data relative to quality, healthcare and medical policy, and models of care;
- Building and disseminating an annual clinical report internally
- Other Enterprise Clinical Affairs. In direct partnership with other senior enterprise clinical leaders for health equity, quality, health care policy, and models of care, ensure the advancement of all strategic objectives. Leveraging the Sr. Clinical Associates, this includes:
- Ensuring that the Clinical Advisory Council objectives are set and achieve,
- Providing direction and support for enterprise-level clinical committees with board level connection points,
- Planning and facilitating meetings and working sessions to gather information, develop ideas and recommendations, and build alignment for execution
- Ensuring the effective management and performance of enterprise level clinical committees
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for Senior Clinical Associates
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA, MHA, or MPH preferred
- Three (3) years of extensive strategic consulting experience including leading engagements
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of current experience in the field of clinical and/or corporate affairs, quality improvement, clinical operations, or related clinical experience in a health-related setting. Experience in consulting is highly desirable.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point required.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience leading and managing others required.
- Ability to collect, analyze and prepare data management reports and facilitate actions to address identified opportunities.
- Advanced ability to communicate verbally and in written form clearly and effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Proven ability to influence in all directions in a highly matrixed organization
- Self-starter with ability to see the big picture and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple work streams
- Proven time management skills and the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of medical information systems, medical claims payment process, medical terminology and coding, case management practices, managed care, and Medicaid programs
- Familiarity with National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA), URAC, and JAHCO and other accreditation bodies and processes standards
- Highly capably communicator with individuals and groups (verbal, writing, and presentation)
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology, and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized, and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities, we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.